Seattle Mariners concept

lionfan88

My only gripe is that the shoulder patch doesn't fit in with the rest of the concept. But this is a good concept.

This is the latest in what is becoming a disturbing trend.

You used a wordmark from one uniform. You used a cap logo from a 2nd uniform set. You then added a sleeve patch containing a logo from a 3rd uniform.

The M's never used any of these with any of the others. Why? Because a uniform and identity package should give a sense of a consistent look. At this point, you may as well stuff a teal and silver nautical compass on the other sleeve to represent EVERY uniform Seattle's worn since 1977.

Cramming as many uniform and design elements from various eras and juxtaposing them does not make for a good concept.

I'm sorry, and I don't want to be too harsh, but this is the 6th or 7th concept that has come along in the last month where someone combined various logos from a team's past without much consideration for the fact that those logos were not intended to be worn with each other. Honestly, it looks like no one paid attention while making this. And no one made any attempt to make these discordant designs look more like each other (reshaping one of the tridents, making sure the outlining was consistent, etc.).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

In all honesty I don't think it looks that bad. But I do agree with VitaminD. Mixing and Matching historical logos is just asking for trouble. Is this concept for actual use? Or just for looksies? There is/was a thread on these boards referencing an article about the inverted trident logo. It's bad luck. Anyway, I'll give you props on the effort. But for next time try to keep your concepts with one identity.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Doesn't work for me. All 3 logos from different times are killing me! Stick to 1 or 2 logos, but not 3. And tone down the yellow a tad.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree with all comments, and please use image tags.

I'm in agreement as well...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I edited the title for you. Please, everyone, please make your topic titles descriptive as to what you will find in the topic. Thanks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's really not a good look, unless you're into gawdy 70s styles. Realistically, the Mariners wouldn't go back to a uniform with elements from a losing era.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived