Giants wear their new away unis for the first time

SoxSteeler

For all of the belly aching, the Giants uniforms now are pretty much the same as their mid 50's to mid 60's uniforms:

That doesnt make them right.....hate the new aways..loved the ones they ditched

Exactly. Just means the uni's that inspired this look were bad too. The gray pants are awful, especially at home with the blue jerseys.

As for the Falcons and Broncos being sleek and professional, I suppose they are - if we're talking professional as in the Arena League.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms by themsleves are fine, but as stated they don't fit. The previous whites was a great balance between throwback and matching with the home. It had red numbers but enough blue to fit with the home. And there is no need to have 2 sets of the same color pants.

While I will say they're not as bad as I thought, I do not like these much at all. Why? Let's see:

- home jersey: no stripes; road jersey: Northwestern stripes on sleeves;

- no blue anywhere on the jerseys for a team known as "Big Blue";

- even by adding stripes, they made their jerseys even plainer; traditional [OK, plain] works for a team like the Giants, but this is too far;

- the gray pants look great with the home blue jerseys, but now two sets of gray pants is just unnecessary;

- the new gray pants have blue stripes on them, and a pattern that does not match the jersey stripes;

- the premise for adopting these uniforms - reviving the "1956 look" - is flawed; they weren't attractive uniforms then, and they're not any better in 2005.

In short, these fail my litmus test - "Would I rather have this concept over the ones that they presume to replace?" These answer is NO; give me the old white jerseys.

And GO EAGLES.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They look fine to me.  Cant believe people trash these and yet embrace crap like the Falcons and Broncos.

Here's the thing pal. The Giants uniforms look like they were put together at a thrift store. On the other hand, with teams like the Broncos and Falcons, you can actually tell they put some time into creating a unique and sleek identity the fans would enjoy while in the meantime keeping a PROFESSIONAL look.

Call it "Thrift store" designing if you want, but it just seems to me that the Giants brought back a road uni style they wore for many years in the fifties and early 60's when they were probably one of the top two teams in the NFL year in and year out. Just because something looks simple and not "sleek" doesnt mean it doesnt work. Sometimes the old saying "Less is more" really does ring true.

metslogo_215.gif

They look fine to me.  Cant believe people trash these and yet embrace crap like the Falcons and Broncos.

Here's the thing pal. The Giants uniforms look like they were put together at a thrift store. On the other hand, with teams like the Broncos and Falcons, you can actually tell they put some time into creating a unique and sleek identity the fans would enjoy while in the meantime keeping a PROFESSIONAL look.

Call it "Thrift store" designing if you want, but it just seems to me that the Giants brought back a road uni style they wore for many years in the fifties and early 60's when they were probably one of the top two teams in the NFL year in and year out. Just because something looks simple and not "sleek" doesnt mean it doesnt work. Sometimes the old saying "Less is more" really does ring true.

Sure, but sometimes it doesn't.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They are superb, especially with the Captain Kirk stripes.

What game are you watching? What are "Captain Kirk stripes"? The white jerseys have "Northwestern" striping, but nothing on this uniform remotely suggests Star Trek. If anything, it suggests black & white TV and Studebaker automobiles.

Please explain.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If anyone wants to know what blue numbers would look like (along with blue in the stripes), here you go:

g.jpg

LT

Not bad, LT. Still needs something, but I don't know what. The stripes just don't say "New York Giants" to me. Maybe some red outline for the numbers?

Are you intentionally going "Virginia Tech" with this and leaving the TV numbers in the opposite color? :P Actually, it's not such a bad idea.

2007nleastchamps.png

Haha, you are right, Vitamin - I forgot the tv numbers. But yeah, as I look at them I really don't mind it since there isn't much red on my repainted jerseys otherwise. I agree, they don't quite say Giants, whether or not they are attractive. They look more like old school Patriots to me. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

LT

Archived