Giants wear their new away unis for the first time

SoxSteeler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are perfectly fine uniforms. The problem is that they just don't match the homes at all. If the homes were red with white numbers and white stripes on the sleeves (and had the same pants as these ones), then it would be a nice set. Unfortunately the homes are blue and have no sleeve stripes, so it's just a big mish-mash-mess.

For all of the belly aching, the Giants uniforms now are pretty much the same as their mid 50's to mid 60's uniforms:

NYGiants61.gif

in fact, the only difference is the numbers are now on the shoulder instead of the sleeve - since as we know most players don't believe in wearing sleeves!

They are what they are - throwbacks to the late 50's - early 60's road uniforms. Why they didn't change to these at the same time they switched to the blue homes from the same era, I'll never know. They opened themselves up for criticism by going retro with the homes and the helmets and modern with the roads five years ago. Personally, I like them because I'm familiar with the Y.A. Tittle, Frank Gifford & Sam Huff era of Giants football (as many Giant fans probably are). Many of the people on this board (and NFL fans in general) probably associate the Giants with the LT and Phil Simms era, so these are a bland, mismatched downgrade to them.

For all of the belly aching, the Giants uniforms now are pretty much the same as their mid 50's to mid 60's uniforms:

NYGiants61.gif

Of course, back in the 50s, everything on TV, and most things in print, were in black and white. Only those who attended the games in person could see how un-coordinated those uniforms were.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

those look great. just add some mud and grass stains and they'll be complete. my favorite thing about these sets are the flat grey pants. im so pleased they havent gone metallic. its what ruined the niners unis....well, gold, not silver

Archived