SSUR Team Color Lists

TruColor

I've made some changes to my Team Colors Lists on the SSUR, and I wanted to get some feedback on the format.

I now have a "Color Set Description" following each set of colors. The Color Sets are grouped by seasons where a color description changed. For example, from 1976 through 1996, the Buccaneers were Florida Orange, Red and White...then in 1997, they became Buccaneer Red, Pewter, Black, Orange and White. So, two different sets. Any relevant Secondary colors are listed in parentheses.

The color swatches use actual Pantone Solid Colors - although this particular report does not list the actual Pantone values. Nor do I indicate which Pantones are actual confirmed values, or just guesses on my part. It's safe to say that pretty much everything prior to 1980 for the NFL is a guess. The NFL didn't use Pantones then. And, the color swatches use the sRGB color space; these are all new values - Pantone, Inc. just updated all of the RGB values for their Coated, Matte and Uncoated Pantone Solid Colors.

I will be updating the other leagues, but the first one is the NFL:

National Football League Team Colors (1922 through present)

Let me know what y'all think.

Very nice. It's very interesting to me to see the adjustments teams have amde from year to year.

I have a question about pantones. Should I pm you or just post it here? It has to do with the Bucs.

I have a question about pantones. Should I pm you or just post it here? It has to do with the Bucs.

Go ahead and PM me.

One other thing about the color swatches: quite often, the Pantones get changed from season to season...the swatches listed for each color set use the most recent Pantone value. For example, between 1980 and 1996, the Miami Dolphins had their Aqua Pantone change (in 1990), and also had their Orange/Coral Pantone value change (also in 1990). The swatches representing that particular color set uses the most recent value out of the set. So, the colors representing 1980 through 1996 are using the 1996 values, and ignoring the other older values.

Clear as mud, huh?

I'm pasting twi's PM to me - maybe it could be useful to someone else as well:

How do pantones work for a "shiny" color? Like the Bucs use pewter on their uniforms and helmets, but the helmet is shiny while the pants are not. Same with any other team using a "glitter" helmet. Is it just one pantone (pewter) and then it's had something done for the helmet, or are their two colors, one flat and one shiny? Thanks.  :wacko:

For the NFL, they actually use THREE different color sets - Pantone Solid Colors (used for printing), Pantone Textile Colors (fabrics), and Custom Process Colors (four-color/CMYK equivalents for Pantones). Other leagues designate thread and twill colors as well. The Bucs use one Pantone Metallic color to represent the Pewter in print and for the paint job on the helmet, but have a Pantone Textile color that is used to represent the same color for the pants. It's real close, but not an exact match.

Hey PANTONE, can you do the NFL Color Lists with the color specs?

You mean - actually publically list the Pantone colors, and potentially get myself in a whole mess o' trouble???

Uh, no. Sorry.

:D

CAN you? Of course!

But we know you better not! :D

[on topic]

I like the new layout. Did any of that stuff I sent you help?

It's where I sit.

:cry:

Can't access your site... I'll be patient.

EDIT: (working NOW)

Can't wait to see the new layout!!!

I have to make a confession:

Your site was the first Uniform Design Site I've ever found, and Man, should I thank you.

In a way it made me feel like I new nothing about colours and sports unis, but on the other hand, I realized that I wasn't a frek, that tons of people out there, were as obcessed as I am about Sports Identities...

I believe links from your site sent me here...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I like the new layout. Did any of that stuff I sent you help?

Yes it did - thank you very much! However, I need to find time to get my database updated.

One thing I've noticed though - your list was the SECOND time I've seen the '60s Browns' colors as Seal Brown, Burnt Orange, White and SILVER.

SILVER???!!! What the...(!)...

:oh:

• 3 weeks later...

PANTONE, I'd like to request the Color specs for the Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens (1999-Present), Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears (2002-Present), New England Patriots (2000-Present), and St. Louis Rams (2000-Present)

YOZXkBG.png?1

PANTONE, I'd like to request the Color specs for the Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens (1999-Present), Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears (2002-Present), New England Patriots (2000-Present), and St. Louis Rams (2000-Present)

Pantone, to save time, could you just post all the info you have? :P

Seriously, outside of the fact that this is a request that should be PMed, I can't believe you're asking for this much info. If I was a cynic, I'd say you should at least offer him a t-shirt for every team you're requesting. Jeez.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

PANTONE, I think I'm in love with you

In all seriousness, these are Kick-Ass! Great Job on the new layout

Actually, I'm still modifying the layout a bit more...

I'm working on it while I get ready for my pathetic Cardinals vs. the Niners...

Archived