AIFL's Reading, PA Expansion Team...

Brian in Boston

How novel - a railroad themed name and logo for Reading, PA.

I've never seen a locomotive that emits white exhaust - perhaps it's a subliminal ploy by the railroad industry to get people to think trains are environmentally friendly. Perhaps I don't have enough real work to do today.

It's not bad. It's certainly nothing to write home about, but I've seen worse. One initial though i had was that it wouldn't fit too well on a helmet, so hopefully they'll have a secondary for that. Maybe just the R or something.

The Reading Express identity package was designed by me, but as a work for hire for Evivid Solutions Inc.

Yall were right on about having alternate marks as well as the locomotive on blue helmets.

The wordmark is a custom font I designed that I thought fit well with a football franchise as well as the railroad theme (spray paint/stencil letters).

The locomotive is pretty self explanatory with the focus being on action and power. I used a horizontal view to try to separate it from other notable logos featuring trains (Purdue, Fullerton Flyers, etc)

The tertiary is the custom R with the cowcatcher on the front just to make it more unique to the Express.

Sorry, but white was the only color that would fit for the smoke. If it was silver, that part of the logo would blend together. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks again to Evivid and Chris for this opportunity.

ReadingExpressIdpackage.png

www.skyedesignstudios.com

I've never seen a locomotive that emits white exhaust - perhaps it's a subliminal ploy by the railroad industry to get people to think trains are environmentally friendly. Perhaps I don't have enough real work to do today.

The train is obviously signifying that a pope was elected....

Cards.png

I've never seen a locomotive that emits white exhaust - perhaps it's a subliminal ploy by the railroad industry to get people to think trains are environmentally friendly.Β  Perhaps I don't have enough real work to do today.

The train is obviously signifying that a pope was elected....

:D:D:D

Signature intentionally left blank

It's a good impressionist image of a moving locomotive. I like it. I don't think the entire logo fits well on a helmet though. Maybe it would work with just the front half of the train, and the speed lines wrapping around the back (like Saskatchewan or the old Iowa Barnstormers).

The font is interesting, but I think the letters are too inconsistent, at least in the "Reading" part. Some serifs are on the top left, others on the bottom left or top right, especially the I and N. Those are just minor nitpicks though. Did you also create a custom font for the numbers? And are you designing the uniforms?

Back-to-BackΒ Fatal FortyΒ Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks for the comments guys.

The unis and custom number font have been designed. I'll post the custom number font asap, but the unis cant be released until they are actually set in stone.

The helmets are most likely going to have the alternate logo "wrapping around", similar to the seahawks helmets. (navy w/ gray facemask).

Heres the custom number font for the Reading Express.

I wanted to combine the elements of the traditional, block font used for football unis with a unique flair, which stayed consistent with the custom type face.

ReadingExpressCustomNumberFont.png

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I really like this. I especially like the stencilized font. I would echo jp's statements about the city name portion of the wordmark, the serifs are a bit inconsistent, and it looks a bit puffy in comparison to the team name. But otherwise, I definitely like it. Terrific work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

LA Express brought us Steve Young. Logo is too busy. Remember Les S. More.

I could have swore Ludwig Mies van der Rohe was dead?

Anyways, I follow the same thinking as you do. A fellow architecture major perhaps?

Archived