Giants Stadium field to be painted "SAINTS"

ebod39

capt.njbk10109161720.katrina_giants_saints_njbk101.jpg

:therock:

capt.njbk10209161717.katrina_giants_saints_njbk102.jpg

In a handout photo released by Reebok, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, a Louisiana native, films a Reebok commercial that will debut on Sept. 19 when the New Orleans Saints play their home opener against the Giants at Giants Stadium on a special Monday Night Football doubleheader. The NFL, in conjunction with Reebok, filmed the commercial Thursday, Sept. 15, 2005, where a number of Giants don a New Orleans Saints jersey and ask fans to "Be a Saint" and give to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Hurricane Relief Fund. The shirt will be sold with the proceeds going the the relief fund.

(AP Photo/Reebok/Bill Kostroun,HO)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple things I noticed about the field?

Looks like the old Astroturf before Giants Stadium switched to the newer turf. The carpeting still has the old Giants logo on it.

It also looks like it was painted to resemble the Superdome. Look at the 4's in the 40 yard marks. The left side of the 4 is more like a swash, so it's not completely closed. I only remember the Superdome having that type of 4. So when the field was relined (probably fading due to storage), it was made to look more like a home field for New Orleans.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Cowboys did it pre astroturf days at the cotton bowl

The Cowboys also used to use the visiting team's name on the padding of one of the goalposts at Texas Stadium. I don't know that they still do, but they discontinued this only recently.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived