Giants Stadium field to be painted "SAINTS"

ebod39

Just heard on the news this morning that since it is supposed to be a Saints home game

the NFL is going to paint the Giants Stadium field with the Saints logos. Is this a first

for this type of thing. Aside from the obvious Jets & Giants sharing a stadium.

Has a team ever hosted another team and let them be the "home" team?

The Giants aren't "letting" the Saints be the home team.

that's just nitpicking my choice of words, it was understood what was meant.

Um no, you said the Giants were letting the Saints be the home team, as if they were doing them a favor by "letting" them play in their stadium.

if you re-read what I wrote you'll notice I never said the Giants were letting

them be the home team. I said since it is supposed to be a Saints home game

they're painting the field. The question I posed was not about the giants

and saints specifically but possible other instances. There's no question they're the home

team this weekend, the schedule dictates it. But for a team to allow the field of their

stadium to be painted for the visitor is rare. So whatever word you want to use, letting, allow, defering, volunteering, the fact still remains the Giants will be the visitor in their own stadium

by their own decision (this could have been a neutral site game) They're "letting" them have full home field rights. They could've have said no to the field painting but they're being gracious hosts in a tough time.

Why does it matter? Timeout for the both of you. Therebelas, you knew what the hell ebod was talking about. Ebod, dont waste your time to reply, we all knew what you meant. After your timeout, you both can go to recess and find bugs to stick down the girls' shirts.

Thanks to your suggestion, I have detention the rest of the week and Monday and Tuesday of next week.

<--- Extends hand to the guy with the Sabres avatar

I accept the virtual handshake.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does it matter? Timeout for the both of you. Therebelas, you knew what the hell ebod was talking about. Ebod, dont waste your time to reply, we all knew what you meant. After your timeout, you both can go to recess and find bugs to stick down the girls' shirts.

But if they go out and put bugs down girls' shirts, they're just going to get time out again! :D

For $10,000, we can find out if they put the Saints' logo on the 50!

Yeah, the Giants aren't taking advantage of the situation one bit... I'm not proud to say they're my favorite team...

IMAGINE ENJOYING A GIANTS GAME IN THIS ENVIRONMENT!!

Giants Stadium suites are available in very limited supply for this Monday evening's game versus the Saints!

Stadium suites hold 22 guests (16 seats with 6 "standing room" tickets) and include four (4) complementary parking passes.

The cost per game is $10,000 per suite. Food and beverages come at additional cost.

For further information email us directly at SUITES@GIANTS.NFL.NET

MNF Game Details Announced

The NFL this week announced details of its activities to focus on the Gulf Coast recovery and rebuilding effort as part of the New Orleans Saints-New York Giants game this Monday night, Sept. 19. Former President George H. W. Bush will participate in the coin toss while New Orleans natives and music superstars Harry Connick, Jr. and Branford Marsalis will perform the national anthem.

Click below for more on this story!

http://giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=8725

It would be real classy of the Giants if they went all out and used the visiting team locker room instead of their own. Maybe they already are doing this, or maybe the locker rooms are identical since two teams play there and they may play each other on occasion, or maybe there is a Giants locker room, and Jets one, but eh, I know that's how it works in high school playoffs here if it so happens that you happen to get an "away" game in your home stadium.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It would be real classy of the Giants if they went all out and used the visiting team locker room instead of their own. Maybe they already are doing this, or maybe the locker rooms are identical since two teams play there and they may play each other on occasion, or maybe there is a Giants locker room, and Jets one, but eh, I know that's how it works in high school playoffs here if it so happens that you happen to get an "away" game in your home stadium.

Giants Stadium has at least three locker rooms - the Giants and Jets each have their own, and a third for the visiting teams. (There may be more, I'm not sure.)

When the Giants and Jets play each other, they each use their own.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

The Jets locker room is actually nicer than the Giants one, based on a report I saw a few years back.

BTW, I'm off the Giants' Behaving Badly shine box. The Giants have assured me that they're giving proceeds from the ticket sales and box sales to the relief efforts:

Yes, a percentage of the revenue from this game is being committed to

the recovery effort!

Rusty Hawley

Vice President - Marketing

Giants Stadium

E. Rutherford, NJ 07073

New York Giants

Hawley@giants.nfl.net

TEL:

FAX: 

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:42 PM

To: Suites-NYG

Subject: Re: Suites Available for Giants-Saints Game!

Yeah, I have a question... Are the Giants trying to

make a buck off the New Orleans tragedy, or is this

money in fact being donated to charity?

The Jets locker room is actually nicer than the Giants one, based on a report I saw a few years back.

BTW, I'm off the Giants' Behaving Badly shine box. The Giants have assured me that they're giving proceeds from the ticket sales and box sales to the relief efforts:

Yes, a percentage of the revenue from this game is being committed to

the recovery effort!

Rusty Hawley

Vice President - Marketing

Giants Stadium

E. Rutherford, NJ 07073

New York Giants

Hawley@giants.nfl.net

TEL:

FAX: 

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:42 PM

To: Suites-NYG

Subject: Re: Suites Available for Giants-Saints Game!

Yeah, I have a question... Are the Giants trying to

make a buck off the New Orleans tragedy, or is this

money in fact being donated to charity?

I'd love to know the "percentage" being donated. Are we talking 5 or 75%?

They could even futz around with the GIANTS wordmark and barely have to change letters.

i don't even think they use this wordmark anymore, but i was bored, so i messed around :)

NYsaintslogo.jpg

NYsaintsfield.jpg

i like it... this is exactly what they should paint B)

Who wants to bet that NFL field guru George Toma flew in the Saints stencils (or whatever they use to paint the markings for the Giants staff to use? Also, the banners are supposed to be for the Saints as well. I guess they will have it accurately fit the walls of the Meadowlands. Didn't the NFL also do this when the Chargers played in Arizona?

Also, the Sun Devil Stadium crew completely got the Chargers wordmark AND a tertiary lightning bolt logo accurately done on the field, I assume the same here.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Painting the visiting teams colors has been done before. Ironically, it was by the Saints. During the first couple of years at Tulane Stadium back in the 60's, they would have one Saints end zone and the opposite one was painted in the opposing team's colors and logos. Always thought that was cool.

Looked for pics but no luck.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Painting the visiting teams colors has been done before.  Ironically, it was by the Saints.  During the first couple of years at Tulane Stadium back in the 60's, they would have one Saints end zone and the opposite one was painted in the opposing team's colors and logos.  Always thought that was cool.

Looked for pics but no luck.

The Cowboys did it pre astroturf days at the cotton bowl

The Chiefs did it pre arrowhead days at Municipal Stadium they even put dueling helmets near midfield as well.

The majority of teams during the league championship games both pre and post merger would have the visiting team names in the endzone. The last time I ever remember seeing it was the Browns in 86 Title game or "the Drive"

That is all I can remember off the top of my head all of this came from me watching NFL films and the game broadcasts I own

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Archived