Didn't know this about Penn State

simpsontide

Wow. What would the unis look like?Ewwww!!

from PSUsports.com

Blue and White

Penn State's student-athletes are instantly identified by their blue and white uniforms - but those weren't the original school colors. A three-member committee representing the sophomore, junior and senior classes was appointed in October of 1887 to develop color options from which the student body would select the school's official colors. Dark pink and black was the unanimous choice of the student body after considering the color combinations presented by the committee.

Soon many students and the baseball team were sporting pink and black striped blazers and caps. However, problems arose when the pink faded to white after several weeks of exposure to the sun. The students then opted for blue, rather than black, and white. The official announcement of the new choice was made on March 18, 1890.

2qluyo7.png

Does anybody have a picture from the "Married With Children" episode where the former Polk High football players (Al Bundy's old high school) play against the former players at Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis High? Jackie O's team was called the First Ladies, and their uniform colors were pink and black. It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I imagine that's what Penn State's uniforms would have looked like had they kept those colors...

QPR%20Sig.png

Syracuse also used to wear pink

Pink's also still listed as one of the University of North Dakota's school colors, though it isn't used.

Interesting...

What are UND's colors?

In April 1889, the student body met and chose as school colors the pink and green of the prairie rose, "suggestive of our green prairies and rosy prospects." In the 1920s green and white were adopted as colors for UND athletic teams while pink and green continued to be used on the academic hoods of the University.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves β€’ Under the moon

Does anybody have a picture from the "Married With Children" episode where the former Polk High football players (Al Bundy's old high school) play against the former players at Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis High? Jackie O's team was called the First Ladies, and their uniform colors were pink and black. It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I imagine that's what Penn State's uniforms would have looked like had they kept those colors...

I do not, but while searching I did come across this, which I find nearly as amusing.

R1F18_albundy.jpg

ps. I loved that episode.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Syracuse also used to wear pink

Pink's also still listed as one of the University of North Dakota's school colors, though it isn't used.

Wow, back then Pink must have been the "in" color...just like the teal of the 90's.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived