New Brewers Jerseys

QuarterRoy00

Meetthemets (or Pantone, or anyone who has seen them), could you describe the jerseys at all? Do they look a lot like the old pinstripes from the '80s? I've heard Attanasio describe them as marrying the old and the new...any details for us? I know you can't tell everything, but any hints? :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it is a baseball team. That's half the battle right there. And as I've stated before, they don't really brew beer. They play baseball.

... and the Angels really aren't divine messengers of the Almighty, the Royals are mostly commoners, I don't know if any of the Twins are in fact products of a twin birth, and the Padres aren't Spanish friars, most of the Giants aren't abnormally large, none of the Texas Rangers are in law enforcement, and...

:blink:

Your point is... is... what exactly? The team was given a nickname that paid tribute to Milwaukee's rich beermaking history. That fact and that tribute should at least be incorporated into the uniforms worn by the team named for these aforementioned beermakers.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

My question is, what's the rationale for holding onto gold and blue (any shade of either, metallic gold or "yellow")? They were the Seattle Pilots' colors, and when the team made a right turn at Provo to head to Milwaukee, they did a quickie tailoring on the old Pilots' uniforms. But blue and gold don't scream Milwaukee OR beermaking.

actually, if memory serves me right, the Milwaukee city flag is blue and gold, so there is some incentive to keep the colors in that range

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Ball-In-Glove Logo War needs to end.

It is a great logo, all of you who don't think so need to stop and join up with the winning side here.......

Ball-in-Glove gets my love, baby!

(Johnny C, we miss you man...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As a Brewer fan, I love the ball and glove logo. I grew up with that logo. It's the logo Yount and Molitor wore for most of their careers, we went to the World Series with it. It means something to us fans.

However, I love the current logo. It's classy and I think it looks great.

An alternate uni with the ball and glove is the perfect way to go. I don't want to see them go back to it full time and I hope most Brewer fans feel the same way.

My question is, what's the rationale for holding onto gold and blue (any shade of either, metallic gold or "yellow")? They were the Seattle Pilots' colors, and when the team made a right turn at Provo to head to Milwaukee, they did a quickie tailoring on the old Pilots' uniforms. But blue and gold don't scream Milwaukee OR beermaking.

They're just simple sports team colors. That fits Milwaukee to me. Navy and old gold are too modern and stylish for that city. It's not a city of graphic designers. Nobody gives a damn about an explicit connection to beermaking. Geez.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My question is, what's the rationale for holding onto gold and blue (any shade of either, metallic gold or "yellow")?  They were the Seattle Pilots' colors, and when the team made a right turn at Provo to head to Milwaukee, they did a quickie tailoring on the old Pilots' uniforms.  But blue and gold don't scream Milwaukee OR beermaking.

They're just simple sports team colors. That fits Milwaukee to me. Navy and old gold are too modern and stylish for that city. It's not a city of graphic designers. Nobody gives a damn about an explicit connection to beermaking. Geez.

Actually, Milwaukee is very much a graphic design city. I've seen people put rank them in the Top 5-10 in the country in graphic design.

It comes off as a blue collar town, but it's very much a mixture of both.

My point was, you're not gonna have 25,000 people at Miller Park going "whaaaaaaaaaaaat does this have to do with beeeeeeeeermaking? The gold should b faaaaaaaaaded!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My point was, you're not gonna have 25,000 people at Miller Park going "whaaaaaaaaaaaat does this have to do with beeeeeeeeermaking? The gold should b faaaaaaaaaded!"

:D:D:D:D:D

I think the fans have made themselves heard loud and clear - every time they get to express an opinion on this, they've voted overwhelmingly for the glove logo. That includes (most importantly) voting with their wallets.

Personally, I don't have any great love for the logo beyond childhood nostalgia. I was glad when they dropped it. It is a mark of how unbalanced and amateurish I find the current scheme that the glove is vastly preferable.

On the color front, I'm in favor of returning to the old color scheme largely because the Brewers would be unique in major-league sports. No other team uses those colors. They're a good, solid combination, with nary a trendy or soon-to-be-dated shade among them.

I've said it many times (and posted my concept enough times to shame even myself) - I want the Beer Barrel Man back. I want him updated, as the Mets and Reds and Orioles did with their classic mascot logos, and I want him on the sleeve of every Brewers uniform (and on the BP cap). But in the absense of making him the new Bernie Brewer, the glove is at least a step in the right direction.

actually, if memory serves me right, the Milwaukee city flag is blue and gold, so there is some incentive to keep the colors in that range

It's predominantly blue, with a lot of gold, white and red thrown in. See below.

milwaukeeflag.gif

That said, maybe I didn't make myself clear, especially with TCR. Every concept people have done involving the Brewers uses some shade of blue and some shade of gold. The biggest difference is whether people use the B&G or not. But these colors appear to have been more or less given to the Brewers' franchise when they came east from Seattle. So, is there anything stopping the Brewers - and the people designing concepts here - from changing their color scheme? As much as I like blue and gold, I don't understand why those colors MUST be the Brewers' colors in almost every concept posted here.

My rationale for changing colors can at least be explained by making a connection to the team nickname. You don't have to agree - though there are people who DO care, obviously - but beyond "they're simple team colors", is there a better reason to keep these colors?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Gods, I hate that flag. It's almost as bad as the State of Wisconsin's crummy banner. Awful, cluttered mess. :cursing:

As for reasons to keep the colors, I think that tradition is a perfectly viable reason. I also think that relative uniqueness plays a part as well. That having been said, I've never disregarded any concept just because it involved changing the colors (I myself have posted a concept in would have been the Brewers' team colors of navy and red had the city received a franchise via expansion rather than relocation).

I would prefer to retain blue in some form, if only to keep "True Blue Brew Crew. But I'm not married to it. I do like the idea of black and tan, not because it's literally the color of beer (who seriously advocates that the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears wear shades of brown?), but because it's a striking combination.

Yes, they did. When they changed from royal to navy and athletic gold to metallic gold they added green to the mix. They dropped the green in 2000.

I'm not sure what you mean by "precedent." Does that mean that you support them changing the colors back, since they've changed colors in the past, or you support keeping the current colors, since there's precedent for dropping the royal and athletic gold?

I say the precedent has been set, so it allows for the possibility of adding or switching colors to the mix.

Want to go for an updated ball-in-glove logo? Add color to it? Go ahead. They can't be accused of adding colors or whatever to be "trendy".

How about adding some red into the scheme with the wheat grain? Make it look more like Miller or something.

I don't care what the Brewers do. Fans want to see the ball-in-glove logo. But the Beer Barrel Man has been around just as long (even longer probably), and he has more to do with brewing than a glove. If there's a way to incorporate the wheat grain into the ball-in-glove, that should satisfy even those who dislike it the most, because it won't be as generic anymore.

Honestly, with that glove logo you could have it read B-W without much maipulating of it. Or even flip it over for M-D or W-D. Then it will fit any team with those two initials for city and nickname.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think they are button up versions of the pinstriped "BREWERS" from the 80s. No pullups or overs or anything. And Royal Blue and Gold. Solid Blue hat with Ball in Glove.

I saw them somewhere but can't find the imagry. Might have been nothing.

I say the precedent has been set, so it allows for the possibility of adding or switching colors to the mix.

Sure. They could be switched, as they have been, and they could be switched back.

Want to go for an updated ball-in-glove logo? Add color to it? Go ahead. They can't be accused of adding colors or whatever to be "trendy".

Sure they could, if they add trendy colors.

Just because they once changed their colors to be trendy doesn't mean that they're exempt from criticism when they do it again. :D

How about adding some red into the scheme with the wheat grain? Make it look more like Miller or something.

More like Miller? I don't think that would help much. In general, I'm not in favor of adding colors just for their own sake. I'd rather replace a scheme than monkey around with it.

I don't care what the Brewers do. Fans want to see the ball-in-glove logo. But the Beer Barrel Man has been around just as long (even longer probably), and he has more to do with brewing than a glove. If there's a way to incorporate the wheat grain into the ball-in-glove, that should satisfy even those who dislike it the most, because it won't be as generic anymore.

Yep, even longer. The BBM's been around at least 35 years longer then the glove. :D

I don't like the idea of changing the glove logo to incorporate the barley (not wheat) stalk. Altering designs usually ruin them - very few designs can be overhauled and improved.

Honestly, with that glove logo you could have it read B-W without much maipulating of it. Or even flip it over for M-D or W-D. Then it will fit any team with those two initials for city and nickname.

I'm not sure what your point is. If you alter the logo on the Red Sox cap, without much difficulty you could make it fit any city name with a single digit. So what? The logo works as an M and a B, as well as being very recognizable as a glove.

I was about 10 when the ball in glove was introduced. For what it is worth, I was about 20 before I realized it was an M and a B. I don't know if that means anything beyond the fact that I am little slow on the uptake, but it may mean that it is much more recognizable as a glove than initials.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

most of the Giants aren't abnormally large,

The exception of course, being Barry Bond's Goliath-like cranium

Maybe that tonic that Mr. Burns had the softball players/ringers drink on "The Simpsons" was actually "The Clear." Any maybe Mr. Burns was actually Victor Conte using an alias. I can't remember who wound up with the giant head, but it was very Bonds-esque.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived