Bills wearing green helmet decal

Sabrejeff

It has something to do with celebrating the NFL playing in Mexico every team will be wearing one on Sunday.

THIS?

8BC440BADCDE422CA6FEF2C40395BDD3.jpg

You can't be serious.... :blink:

Youre right, they can't be serious.

Especially when its fútbol americano. Not futbol americano.

I kid, but then I don't. Man, at least get the spelling right. And all the teams? Is it actually a really big deal, this game?

I kid, but then I don't. Man, at least get the spelling right.

They did:

19mg1.jpg

24vo.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I kid, but then I don't. Man, at least get the spelling right.

They did:

Actually I was just kidding, but all of that aside, I think its just a stupid patch/sticker/decal/idea. If you are going to celebrate something like this, make a decent logo for it, and not just futbol americano on a green circle.

I missed the story on the local news here in Denver, but apparently, Jake Plummer peeled his sticker off of his helmet before the game started on Sunday.

Two years in a row that Jake's had a sticker controversy: last year he wanted to wear the Pat Tillman tribute sticker all year, and now this.

History to be made in Mexico City

(Sept. 28, 2005) -- For the first time in the 86-year history of the National Football League, a regular-season game will be played outside the United States when the Arizona Cardinals face the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday night in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.

The game, which coincides with the nation's annual celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, will be televised nationally in the United States by ESPN and ESPN Deportes, and by Televisa in Mexico. Westwood One Radio will broadcast the game in English and Spanish. Kickoff is at 8:30 p.m. ET and a sold-out crowd of 85,000 is expected.

To mark this historic event, all NFL players will wear a "Fútbol Americano" decal on their helmets this weekend. Additional initiatives supporting the game and Hispanic Heritage Month will be evident this weekend:

* The game will be televised in 218 countries by 18 broadcasters.

* An NFL insert for 1 million readers of Spanish-language newspapers in Houston, Chicago, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix was distributed earlier this season.

* Themed merchandise for the game has been developed with NFL licensees: Wilson, Reebok, Riddell, Wincraft and VF.

* The first-ever Spanish-language NFL public service announcement with English subtitles will air this weekend during all games and at all NFL stadiums. It features NFL Hall of Famer Anthony Muñoz and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez speaking Spanish to young NFL fans, encouraging them to play football.

* Special "Fútbol Americano" banners will be in place in all stadiums this weekend and as well as in Estadio Azteca in Mexico.

* NFL Network will carry themed programming throughout the week leading to the game. It will include Hispanic players on team cams and special interviews and stories on NFL Total Access. The network's Adam Schefter will be on location in Mexico City and the game will be featured on the weekly NFL Network series Six Days to Sunday.

* Several teams hosting games during Hispanic Heritage Month are presenting Hispanic fan promotions. They include Arizona, Baltimore, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego and San Francisco.

* NFL sponsors Burger King, Modelo Light, Mitsubishi, Motorola, Panasonic, Reebok, Scotiabank and Visa have developed marketing programs for Sunday night's game in Mexico City.

A gaudy sticker for the teams playing the game is ok, but for EVERY team playing that weekend??? Talk about overkill...nobody does it better than the NFL!

Props to Jake Plummer...the NFL's ridiculous...

Archived