2005/06 NHL Preview

NJTank

JR & Amonte weren't key players to the Flyers?

Personally, I think Buffalo finishes ahead of Washington and Montreal and I think Chicago makes the playoffs.

And the Avs will get more than 74 points.

Well done!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Well, I don't disagree with you much. However the trap will still be a part of the game. Hopefully it will go back to being an offensive weapon like it was for the Canadiens in the 70's and when the Devils brought it back in the 90's but it will still be part of the game. The less talented teams will just drop it back to the far blueline. In fact ignoring the red line might slow down the game.

I hope you predictions about the Canucks are right, except for the losing in the Stanley Cup Finals part.....

Good job overall, I liked how you made some make some riskier predictions (Nashville first in division) than others because most magazines end up predicting the same 16 teams making it to the playoffs, just in a different order.

WELL DONE

I hope you predictions about the Canucks are right, except for the losing in the Stanley Cup Finals part.....

Good job overall, I liked how you made some make some riskier predictions (Nashville first in division) than others because most magazines end up predicting the same 16 teams making it to the playoffs, just in a different order.

WELL DONE

i agree with you on that! its the 2005-2006 season, which is also the year of the dog in 2006 and look at what the Canucks have done during the year of the dog-

1970-Canucks are born

1982-1st Stanley Cup Final Appearance

1994-2nd Stanley Cup Final Appearance

2006-3rd Stanley Cup Final Appearance, 1st Stanley Cup?

we'll just have to wait and see how it'll be played out.

GCEeffm.png

JR & Amonte weren't key players to the Flyers?

Eh, not really.

JR? Great guy, but just not productive enough.

Amonte? Non factor.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't see Jacques Lemaire getting fired, but I like your finals picks. That may just happen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

JR? Great guy, but just not productive enough.

Did you just call JR a "great guy"?? :blink:

Yeah, maybe that's a stretch.

He has his good moments, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

44 points for the Rangers? I know you're hardly the optimist when it comes to that team, but that's a really low number. I'm talking 1992-93 San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators low. There is no way in today's NHL, with the point for simply making OT, that any team will finish with fewer than 55 points.

And on top of that (this isn't your fault), you have underrated the Kings. Andy Murray will not be fired. And barring another 600 or so man games lost to injury, the Kings WILL make the playoffs this year.......ahead of Anaheim, too. Take that, Rog.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

What confusing about it.

2 Points for a win

1 point for an OT loss

0 Points for a regulation loss.

If they're gonna award 1 point for an OT loss, then I'd like to see it look like this:

Regulation win: 3 pts

Overtime win : 2 pts

Overtime loss: 1 pt

Regulation loss: 0 pts

6uXNWAo.png

Archived