Madden 2005

CrookedThumb

To all avid Madden players:

I know how one could see this as stupid, but I'm posting it anyway. What options would you like to see in Create-a-Team and Uniform editor in Madden 2005? Here's what I want. I was hoping to see them in 2004.

1.) If the triple stripe pattern on the helmet and pants are chosen, you should be able to choose the color of the middle stripe.

2.) There should be two outlines on the number instead of one.

3.) You should be able to choose the color scheme on the logos.

4.) You should be able to edit the sleeve numbers rather than them being the same as the front and back numbers.

5.) You should be able to choose the color of the name on the back of the jerseys.

6.) You should be able to choose the font of the team name.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms option is absolutely atrocious in Madden, simply because little has changed in 4 years.

Indeed they need every font/template available, including a few from college.

i think the create a wrestler mode from the last wwf smackdown game should be implemented, using rGB bars and layers with thousands of choices, meaning billions of different options.

The stadium mode is beautiful, but you should be able to up load logos and your face to ea.com so you can get it online.

nicetopic, its always the first thing i look for

Now I only have 02 for regular PS, but I am familar with their lack of uni options. What they need to do is make the game for Mac for one thing, and then, there should be the ability to edit logos and jerseys just as there is in the EA NHL games, which should also be on Macs.

God bless you, STL. Why must we Mac users be oppressed this way?!

The uniforms option is absolutely atrocious in Madden, simply i think the create a wrestler mode from the last wwf smackdown game should be implemented, using rGB bars and layers with thousands of choices, meaning billions of different options.

They actually do use the RGB bars. You have the option of editing your color choice once you pick it. It doesn't seem as efficient as the one from WWE games, though, for whatever reason.

any of you guys got either year of world tour soccer?  all i will say about its uni editor is 'best on console'  cus you can edit a whole lot(for instance, jersey and sleeve striping/coloring can be chosen separately) and my lone gripes are that they discarded a good set of HSV bars for 03 and haven't bothered to let you zoom in while editing.  especially makes collar edits tough cus you gotta squint.  basically, millions of combinations for your style as opposed to only a few.  i've wanted to do up a list of styles and send it to EA, but it would take me a while.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It would also be cool if you could make your own logo.

That would be nice... I remember when you could do that in Hard Ball III for Super Nintendo, the logos never looked good plus, you couldn't save the logos so it would be kinda wasteful.... ahh super nintendo, those where the days.

FIFA 2003 has that Creation Center thing that lets you pretty much make a team from scratch, EA SPORTS should try that also with Madden

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Now I only have 02 for regular PS, but I am familar with their lack of uni options. What they need to do is make the game for Mac for one thing, and then, there should be the ability to edit logos and jerseys just as there is in the EA NHL games, which should also be on Macs.

God bless you, STL. Why must we Mac users be oppressed this way?!

I dunno...any of the newer ones can more than handle them. I just don't get it. There's no doubt in my mind they could actually run games (or anything for that matter) far more efficiently than a Windows anything if given a chance.

Wow, have i waited for this topic for awhile.

Stadiums:

1)Should be able to use different fonts for endzone work.

2)Just a few more options on the stadium builder, i know its an NFL game but having a 30,000 seat one sided stadium is sometimes fun.

3)It would be wonderful to have them pronounce all the Nicknames, if nothign else have a button-accesable list of ones the announcers will pronounce. Also since you can move real teams in owner mode, have the anouncers pronounce the city names since they are stationary.

Uniforms:

1)Have the option to change the middle stripe like you can on NCAA.

2)More jersey options than just the plain, shoulder, Titans, and side panel.

3) Be able to have sleeve stripes with the side panel.

4)Numbers do need to have an option for a double outline and more fonts would be appreciated.

5)have a five line option on the pants like the Chiefs use on their road reds.

6) be able to change the third sock color .

Also the logos are better now that you can change the color but some new ones would be nice.

The jersey modifier option should allow you to mix and match current sets for teams, like put the Skins in all Red or Dolphins in all teal, don't make the game make the decisions.

Another good option is to make all real jerseys color changeable with any of the teams colors, this way you could take the Bengals current jersey and make it orange.

Sorry that took so long, but i'll be happy when the day comes i can make uniforms and teams i drempt up while killing time in grade school.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

In addition to what all of you have said, I think the following should be included (and I'll probably repeat a bunch)

As Nitro said... logos, maybe not even some good ones but at least a couple of REMOTELY DECENT ones would be a plus.

The ability to change current teams uniforms w/out destroying the current design entirely.  For instance, making an orange dolphins jersey, or a baby blue charger jersey shouldn't mean starting from scratch on the uni design and giving you none of the options necessary to retain the uniforms original design.

The third stripe thing everyone said.

The secound number outline.

The addition of A LOT more fonts and numbers.

When you create a new stadium, you should have the option of bringing over the endzone art/wording so you're not stuck with a bunch of teams in killer new stadiums but with the same wordmark.

I know I'll think of fibe more the second I hit the "add reply" button.. but this is all for now.

Like someone said, they need to give you a huge list of team nicknames so you don't hear "the home team" everytime you play with a create a team.  On NCAA, there are so many teams, that you can just use a nickname already used by some small school and they will say it (I use Vandals).  They need to have at least all the college nicknames available on Madden.  Could you imagine the Los Angeles Fighting Irish?  That would be funny.

I also like the idea of uploading your face and logo.  My buddy had NHL by EA a few years back for his PC and you could put your face on your create a player.  It was awesome to see myself score a goal and celebrate while wearing the winged wheel.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

• 3 months later...

I take it you're referring to uni editting on console--as some things you say you can't do-I can on PC.

I agree that FIFA's uni editor is great--I'd like to see it in Madden.

I've had color combos for unis that don't work for the player name--I'd like to be able to make it other than the number color.

I'd also like to see a Hall of Fame when playing franchise.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived