AstroBowl II - The Sequel

TBGKon

AstroBowlIIlogo.png

Hello all, I had no clue that AstroBowl II would occur so quickly after the first, but it is. Since it is the 20th anniversary of the USFL's 3rd and final season, Jaybird's idea of making concepts of what the USFL teams would look like now in 2005 gave me this idea. So here is what you are to do:

1. Create a new logoset for any USFL team, or use the existing one if you want a retro feel (primary logo and wordmark required, any other logos are optional)

2. Make uniforms (home and away are required, alternate's are optional)

Entires will begin now and continue until Thursday October 27th at 12 noon Eastern time, voting will commence shortly there after. See below for link to a list of USFL Teams.

USFL Teams

If there are any USFL teams not here, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch and good luck!!!

-Astrobull21 and Jaybird

As of 2:00 PM EST 10/14, any entry posted in another thread after this date will be disqualified from the competition, sorry guys.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then consider this my opening gambit.

I've done a Michigan Panthers but I won't enter it as the Panther is not mine, and to be fair, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the comp.

So I've used Oakland's original colours, but as another CA football team did, I moved from the Powder Blue to Navy.

Oakland-Invaders-USFL.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Then consider this my opening gambit.

I've done a Michigan Panthers but I won't enter it as the Panther is not mine, and to be fair, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the comp.

So I've used Oakland's original colours, but as another CA football team did, I moved from the Powder Blue to Navy.

Oakland-Invaders-USFL.gif

i love it but i wouldn't make the "invaders" part of the wordmark wavy like that, it just seems a little bush league to me.

My 0-vote guarantee:

you'll get at least one vote if you vote for yourself, so there you go...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Question 1: Can the teams be given a new name or do they have to remain their original USFL name? (i.e. Blitz, Gold, Wranglers)

Question #2: Any Prizes? :rolleyes:

Good question. They can either be the original city or they can have a new city and name.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Question 1: Can the teams be given a new name or do they have to remain their original USFL name? (i.e. Blitz, Gold, Wranglers)

Question #2: Any Prizes? :rolleyes:

#1 - Teams must keep their USFL name and must stay in their original city

#2 - I wish there was a prize, maybe a sig if I can make one

Archived