AstroBowl II - The Sequel

TBGKon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final entry, the Denver Gold:

DG.png

I really like the way the logo's turned out--especially the football part of the DG logo.

I went through 3 completely different and wholly complicated versions of the jersey before I came around to this somewhat simpler style (no pant striping etc).

Also, I know it's the same number font as my Bulls concept, but being obsessed with the Colorado Avalanche, 95% of my fantasy concepts will use the Avs number fonts.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Then consider this my opening gambit.

I've done a Michigan Panthers but I won't enter it as the Panther is not mine, and to be fair, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the comp.

So I've used Oakland's original colours, but as another CA football team did, I moved from the Powder Blue to Navy.

Oakland-Invaders-USFL.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, and I don't mean to downplay your work, but isn't that logo from the Madden Create-A-Team set?

EDIT: I feel slightly stupid now as I looked the team up AFTER I posted that...no idea that it was an actual logo for them- I was under the impression that new logos were being created. That still makes me wonder why Madden chose something so close to an already created logo.

I apologize.

That denver gold really struck me as amazing. I love the wordmark, its just the helmet needs the "DG" logo.

I'm glad the concept's well recieved--as I said before I really liked the logos.

I would've put the DG logo on the helmet except I really like it on the sleeves, and having the same logo on both would look strange, eh. I might put the starburst effect (like on the pants) on the sleeves, and then the DG on the helmet... *shrugs*

spacer.png

Why don't you use the Denver starburst instead of the current one on the pants? I also think the DG may be a better logo for the helmet.

yeah, I was trying to give a nod to the old school logo by still using it on the pants, but I may just try that. I really like the white D and gold G showing on the alternate sleeves though... I'll tweek it a bit and see what comes of it, eh.

spacer.png

Then consider this my opening gambit.

I've done a Michigan Panthers but I won't enter it as the Panther is not mine, and to be fair, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the comp.

So I've used Oakland's original colours, but as another CA football team did, I moved from the Powder Blue to Navy.

Oakland-Invaders-USFL.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, and I don't mean to downplay your work, but isn't that logo from the Madden Create-A-Team set?

EDIT: I feel slightly stupid now as I looked the team up AFTER I posted that...no idea that it was an actual logo for them- I was under the impression that new logos were being created. That still makes me wonder why Madden chose something so close to an already created logo.

I apologize.

I'm not terribly offended.

I don't know the Madden logo, so can't comment.

I think the least you can do is vote for this concept when the time comes. :)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

My final entry, the Denver Gold:

DG.png

I really like the way the logo's turned out--especially the football part of the DG logo.

I went through 3 completely different and wholly complicated versions of the jersey before I came around to this somewhat simpler style (no pant striping etc).

Also, I know it's the same number font as my Bulls concept, but being obsessed with the Colorado Avalanche, 95% of my fantasy concepts will use the Avs number fonts.

Totally digging the football in the middle of DG!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

There's a lot of awsome concepts for that competition, it's hard to do better, especially with a program like paint! But who care's, we're here for fun, right? So here's my first football concept; the San Antonio Gunslingers!

Enjoy!

HELMETSAG.jpg

SCRIPTSAGs.jpg

HOMESAGunishom.jpg

AWAYSAGunis.jpg

C&C are more than welcome!

There's a lot of awsome concepts for that competition, it's hard to do better, especially with a program like paint! But who care's, we're here for fun, right? So here's my first football concept; the San Antonio Gunslingers!

Enjoy!

HELMETSAG.jpg

SCRIPTSAGs.jpg

HOMESAGunishom.jpg

AWAYSAGunis.jpg

C&C are more than welcome!

Did San Antonio only have the one goofy-looking logo? If that one on your concept is original, great job! It's wholly better than the junky logo they had, eh.

spacer.png

just letting everyone know that entries will be allowed until 1 PM Eastern time today, not 12 noon, and the voting thread will be posted ASAP after that.

Nice... I may go back to bed and get another hour sleep before I get up and finish the tweeking on my Gold *yawwwwwn!*

spacer.png

Archived