mlb uni fix it list

Youppi!

Braves- BURN THOSE HIDEOUS USED SANITARY NAPKIN RED ALTS! a winner.

There's an image I didn't need during lunch...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angels- go back to the name "Anahiem Angeles" put "ANAHIEM" on the road jerseys. if the want to use the los angeles name then they need to get a stadium IN los angeles.

IT'S A SUBURB. IT IS NOT ITS OWN AREA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SPORTS TEAM NOMENCLATURE. ANAHEIM IS A SUBURB OF LOS ANGELES, AS GLENDALE IS A SUBURB OF PHOENIX.

God. Damn burbs and their inflated self-opinions.

Ummmmm...NO. Anaheim isn't even a part of Los Angeles County. It's part of Orange County. And Anaheim is a city.

Angels- go back to the name "Anahiem Angeles" put "ANAHIEM" on the road jerseys. if the want to use the los angeles name then they need to get a stadium IN los angeles.

IT'S A SUBURB. IT IS NOT ITS OWN AREA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SPORTS TEAM NOMENCLATURE. ANAHEIM IS A SUBURB OF LOS ANGELES, AS GLENDALE IS A SUBURB OF PHOENIX.

Ummmmm...NO. Anaheim isn't even a part of Los Angeles County. It's part of Orange County. And Anaheim is a city.

Which newspaper covers the Angels?

Which city's TV and radio stations cover the Angels?

Answer: Los Angeles.

Seriously. The New York burbs know their place. The Chicago burbs know their place. Why is Anaheim holding out? Sorry. It's a suburb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, instead of nitpicks, I've decided to post the best set each team has had. Please note that I'm a traditionalist but I also think most current unis are just about perfect.

This is what they should go with:

AL EAST

Baltimore Orioles

al_2003_baltimore.gif

But with ?Baltimore? on away jersey.

Boston Red Sox

al_2002_boston.gif

NY Yankees

al_2002_newyork.gif

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

al_2002_tampabay.gif

Toronto Blue Jays

al_1995_toronto.gif

Chicago White Sox

al_2002_chicago.gif

Cleveland Indians

al_1951_cleveland.gif

It?s time for Wahoo to start working half days.

Detroit Tigers

al_2002_detroit.gif

Kansas City Royals

al_2001_kansascity.gif

Not a power blue enthusiast. But it could work too.

Minnesota Twins

al_2002_minnesota.gif

But with hats reversed (TC on away, M on home). And lose the away pins, por favor!!

Chicago Cubs

nl_1991_chicago.gif

Cincinnati Reds

nl_1968_cincinnati.gif

Houston Astros

nl_1965_houston.gif

All their sets haven?t been very good. This is the closest that?s worked. Lose or modify the shooting star, though.

Milwaukee Brewers

al_1993_milwaukee.gif

You KNOW you love it!!!

Pittsburgh Pirates

nl_2004_pittsburgh.gif

The only team that can get away with sleeveless.

St. Louis Cardinals

nl_1970_stlouis.gif

No more away blue hat.

Arizona Diamondbacks

Nothing! They?re uniforms have sucked since day one! From name to colors to logos!! Start over, Phoenix!!

Colorado Rockies

nl_1994_colorado.gif

But not so purplely.

Los Angeles Dodgers

nl_1989_losangeles.gif

San Francisco Giants

nl_2002_sanfrancisco.gif

San Diego Padres

nl_2008_SANDIEGO.gif

I?m a huge Padre fan and they?ve never gotten it right. This is something I quickly whipped up which (IMO) combines the best of the old with the new. Without the mustard.

I think most teams in baseball right now have pretty solid uniforms. The only ones I really can gripe about is the Blue Jays and the DBacks. The Jays just need more blue, and the DBacks just need...well, they need something, but I don't know what. They're just gross IMO. Some of the Alts are kinda ugly. I actually like Atlanta's, if they got rid of the white in the piping, they'd look so much better though. Some teams need to nix the black(Mets, A's, Reds, Royals), and that's about all I can say. Whoever said the A's should get rid of white shoes is nuts. Although white shoes are kinda ugly, they ARE the Oakland(Jokeland, to us Angels fans) A's.

Which newspaper covers the Angels?

Which city's TV and radio stations cover the Angels?

Answer: Los Angeles.

Seriously. The New York burbs know their place. The Chicago burbs know their place. Why is Anaheim holding out? Sorry. It's a suburb.

Well, there is the Orange County Register. If you ask any real Angels fan (I'm not one BTW), they'll read the OC Register over the LA Times for Angels and moreso for Mighty Ducks coverage if they're fans of that too. Angels fans in Anaheim and the rest of Orange County want nothing to do with LA--it's simply Arte Moreno and company trying to do the smart thing and take advantage of the huge market some 60+ miles to the north.

I used to live in Orange County, and I will admit that a lot of the area's media is from LA--but that's simply because of the proximity--and it would be downright stupid for some major media outlet to only cover sports/news in LA or Orange County only.

Anyway, I understand where your argument is coming from, but calling Anaheim a "suburb" of LA and comparing it to Glendale as to Phoenix is completely wrong. I wouldn't be so irked over this if you used a different word or phrasing such as LA's "step-child" (bad choice, I know) or whatever, but "suburb" is wrong.

And FYI (from http://www.anaheimoc.org/faq/index.cfm?SectionID=2):

Q:Is Orange County a suburb of Los Angeles?

A:Orange County is not a suburb of Los Angeles. It is a separate county that was incorporated in 1889.

We've done it to death, but there's precedent for an Anaheim team to represent LA, and the Angels have LA (and San Bern-Riverside but who cares) as part of their territory, so they might as well go with the anchor of that territory for marketing purposes. You don't think the Dodgers market themselves to the rest of greater LA?

Maybe it's a cultural thing out west, where people aren't so apt to consider themselves Angelenos, the way people in suburban Chicago have no qualms about deeming themselves Chicagoans, in a sense. You can live in Palatine and you still think of Daley as your mayor.

It'll be interesting to see how the court case goes. Ideally, Moreno pays off the city and you have the Los Angeles Angels playing in Angel Stadium, and there are no more cumbersome "of Anaheim"s tagged to everything. Maybe he'll just move the team to LA proper, or a suburb of LA that isn't gonna dick around with putting itself on the map, but that would be expensive and foolish, given the renovations to Angel Stadium.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Red Sox - Nothing. Leave 'em as is.

Yankees- Classic, both home and road.

Orioles- Put Baltimore on the roads and bring back the cartoon bird head on the cap.

Blue Jays- These need a complete overhaul.

Devil Rays- I liked the use of green this year. Still a mess though.

White Sox- For a team called the "White" Sox, how about wearing socks that are WHITE.

Indians- Get rid of any silver. I liked the old blue that had before this set of unis.

Tigers- Classic home. Make an identical version of the home uniform in grey for the road and put a grey "D" on the road hat.

Twins- Nothing. These are fine.

Royals- Lose the black.

A's- These are fine.

Mariners- fine.

Rangers- Use the Ranger "shield" (from the minor league affiliate) behind the "T" on the cap.

Angels- Nothing. They are fine.

Braves- fine.

Marlines- These need the teal back.

Phillies- I really like these. Classic and underrated.

Nationals - leave 'em.

Mets- Lose the black.

Cubs - leave 'em.

Astros- Use the brick hats and ditch the blue.

Cardinals- Fine the way they are.

Pirates- fine as is.

Reds- Lose the black.

Brewers- Bring back the Beer Barrel man somehow!

Dodgers- fine as is.

Giants- Fine as they are.

Rockies - These need an overhaul. Ditch the purple vests.

Padres- This organization has never gotten their uniforms right.

Here's what I would do:

Braves: Great uniforms. No changes necessary. If you need an alternate, make it blue.

Marlins: Find a way to work more teal in there. Make "Marlins" on home jerseys teal again and a stronger teal outlining on the numbers on all uniforms. Bring back the teal hats, but mix it up with the black. Absolutely no orange; they're not the Miami Dolphins.

Mets: I'm OK with these. The black is fine but I'd not use the pinstriped jerseys anymore.

Phillies: No changes necessary, but I do like the maroon hats and powder blue roads they had in the past.

Nationals: I'd replace the navy with red numbers on the road, as the road uniforms are not that impressive.

Cubs: I like the road uniforms a lot but maybe I'd switch the numbers at home from blue to red. Bring back the names on all jerseys.

Reds: I like these a lot. Mix up the hats like you did when you first introduced black to the uniforms (red/red, red/black. black/red and black/black).

Astros: Very good uniforms. No changes needed.

Brewers: Change the name and number font. I don't mind everything else.

Pirates: Outstanding uniforms. These are the best in team history and are probably in the top 20 in all of professional sports. No changes.

Cardinals: Same as Pirates. However, the special Sunday home hats should be worn on the road. Always wear the red hats at home, but for some reason blue hats are OK with road grays.

Diamondbacks: I like these uniforms, espcially the road uniforms. Mix it up like you did your first year. One change: switch to hat with "A" logo on road.

Rockies: Get more purple in the uniforms by trimming the home numbers with purple. Give the vests to the Nuggets.

Dodgers: One slight change-make the numbers a bit thicker at home.

Padres: These are the best Padres uniforms so far, so leave them alone.

Giants: A minute change that most probably won't notice, but change the cream uniforms at home to white. Bring back the black alternates with black numbers; I thought those were neat.

Orioles: These are fine with me. I like all the orange present on the jersey.

Red Sox: Great uniforms. No changes needed.

Yankees: I couldn't imagine the Yankees in anything else, so no changes.

Devil Rays: Get rid of anything purple on the uniform. I like the combination of green and black, a combo not many in pro sports are using exclusively.

Blue Jays: Here's an idea. Take the blue in the uniforms and use it as the color of your primary cap. Also, slim down the font on the names.

White Sox: No changes needed.

Indians: Go back to what you were wearing before the recent change.

Tigers: Go with "Detroit" in the Old English font on the road. Keep the orange on the road.

Royals: Once again, I don't mind the black, as it's a good look for the Royals. No changes needed.

Twins: They could do without the pinstripes on both uniforms. Mix up the "TC" hat and the "M" hat both at home and on the road.

Angels: Very good uniforms. No changes needed. I liked the fact they brought the old logo back but added red.

Rangers: Very bland uniforms, especially on road. I'm not sure what I could recommend other than something drastic and completely different from this current set.

A's: Go with "OAKLAND" in block letters on the road.

Mariners: Good enough for me. No changes.

I am very protective of the new Padres away uniforms. They are pretty popular with a lot of fans here and don't look like piss. They just wouldn't work with a gray color, but if they want to make them look more tan than khaki it might make them look less yellow and I would be in favor of that. The "San Diego" script is unique, very well done and I hope it becomes an identifying mark of the team for a long time.

One thing to bear in mind when you are talking about Padres uniforms, you are never going to get rid of the blue, its too deeply ingrained in the team now. For one thing all of the seats in the stadium are blue, so I am pretty sure it will be in the uniforms somewhere. It is unfortunate really, because I really favored a return to a brown shade, perhaps not the hamburger brown of the past, but a nice brown with the mustard, in fact the original Padres uniforms of 1969 had quite nice colors, and identified with the name "Padres" really well. It is interesting to note however that the name Padres goes back to the minor league Padres which started palying in San Diego in 1936, the uniforms for those teams were always navy blue and red or navy blue and white.

I really was never a fan of the pinstriped uniforms of the 90's either. The color scheme was awful, I hated the orange with the blue and I hated the "Padres" script. The new home uniforms are much nicer if not a little boring though.

I would like to state once more, there is nothing wrong with the Diamondbacks colors, logos, and uniforms. They have one of the most unique sets you can find. I can say that we are definitely better than most sets of teams(Rockies, Bluejays and especially the Sister and less popular Tampa Bay Devilrays).

Purple is one of Phoenix's primary colors, teal is the primary color of the maricopa county and copper is the star of the Arizona State Flag, so at least our colors have some purpose. The logos are very unique because at least they have something to do with a snake. The A is very creative and the D is one of my favorite alternate logos I have seen. So don't expect them to change anytime soon. Yes as you can tell, I am a supporter of the Diamondbacks and their logos and I will continue to do so for a very long time, so there is no way of changing my mind now, and any other argument will not change my mind.

One last thing, maroon and gold does not look good on the A :puke:.

untitled.png

the D is one of my favorite alternate logos I have seen.

I think the D-backs need to standardize a little (i.e., not so many variations/combinations). Otherwise, I agree with all of your points except the one above. The D-snake just doesn't work for me (maybe because (1) I like the A and (2) snakes don't bend at right angles like the one on the bottom left of the D).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I am very protective of the new Padres away uniforms. They are pretty popular with a lot of fans here and don't look like piss. They just wouldn't work with a gray color, but if they want to make them look more tan than khaki it might make them look less yellow and I would be in favor of that. The "San Diego" script is unique, very well done and I hope it becomes an identifying mark of the team for a long time.

One thing to bear in mind when you are talking about Padres uniforms, you are never going to get rid of the blue, its too deeply ingrained in the team now. For one thing all of the seats in the stadium are blue, so I am pretty sure it will be in the uniforms somewhere. It is unfortunate really, because I really favored a return to a brown shade, perhaps not the hamburger brown of the past, but a nice brown with the mustard, in fact the original Padres uniforms of 1969 had quite nice colors, and identified with the name "Padres" really well. It is interesting to note however that the name Padres goes back to the minor league Padres which started palying in San Diego in 1936, the uniforms for those teams were always navy blue and red or navy blue and white.

I really was never a fan of the pinstriped uniforms of the 90's either. The color scheme was awful, I hated the orange with the blue and I hated the "Padres" script. The new home uniforms are much nicer if not a little boring though.

I also like the current Padres away-jersey, though I preferred the "San Diego" lettering on the previous '90s jersey.

What do you think of the idea of incorporating brown into the blue? Check out my very rough and amateurish rendering above. Do you think that would work? Brown is so vital to the history of the team, and such an underutilized color in pro-sports, that it'd be a shame if it never comes back...even if Petco's seats are blue.

I also like the current Padres away-jersey, though I preferred the "San Diego" lettering on the previous '90s jersey.

What do you think of the idea of incorporating brown into the blue? Check out my very rough and amateurish rendering above. Do you think that would work? Brown is so vital to the history of the team, and such an underutilized color in pro-sports, that it'd be a shame if it never comes back...even if Petco's seats are blue.

Brown and blue together is hard to get right, thats why I am happy that they went with the tan or khaki. It is sord of a nod back to the days of brown, but not a total clash.

I like the 69 Padres home script and would favor a return to something similar yet a bit more modern and embelished.

As far as the 90's away jersey script, the reason I don't like it is because it is so similar to so many other teams away jersey, city/state name script. I think the current one is both unique and attractive and will become easily identifiable and recognizable as being associated with the team and the city.

Archived