mlb uni fix it list

Youppi!

NO ALTERNATES, dark on the road and White at home.

ONE HAT, and NO BP HAT

ok. lets roll on this

BRAVES-keep the same except put numbers on front

NATIONALS-script Nationals on homes and block Washington on roads(think giants) navy hat

MARLINS-not bad really

METS-NO BLACK! script mets on white pinstripes home and red sox style new york in blue and orange and white on roads. BLUE hats

PHILLIES-beautiful except for the goofy number font. make it standard block and move numbers from sleeve to front.

CARDINALS-beautiful except for make road hats red.

CUBS-classic. all blue hat always

ASTROS-go back to 1998 era unis

BREWERS-not terrible but make roads say milwaukee

REDS-not bad considering but lose the black on the hats

PIRATES-good but change the number font

DODGERS-lose the goofy LA patch on the homes and dodgers patch on roads. put names back on

GIANTS-fine

DIAMONDBACKS-no freaking clue. would like to see anyone elses take on this one. i guess first step would be change color scheme. maybe crimson, gold(yellow), and black. dont know though

ROCKIES-not bad if they dont have the softball black vest. all black hats

PADRES-go back to the 1998 style in a navy/powder/silver scheme

YANKEES-touch and die

RED SOX-go back to the striped socks but fine otherwise

ORIOLES-orioles on homes, baltimore script on roads in black, 1980s cartoon bird on hat. black hat with orange bill

DEVIL RAYS-could be worse, maybe more blue, all green hat

BLUE JAYS-1993 with all blue hats

WHITE SOX-beautiful

INDIANS-not bad. lose the all navy hat

TIGERS-change nothing other than lose the road hat. navy with white D always

ROYALS-lose vests. LOSE BLACK. late 90s

TWINS-keep the TC hat and keep the unis the way they are

ANGELS-go with yankees/tigers/braves style numbers. leave angels on roads

RANGERS-script Rangers on homes, arched block texas on roads, blue hat

ATHLETICS-lose the white shoes and go with the green hats with yellow bills

MARINERS-wonderful. all navy hats

there you have it. feel free to savage these opinions. be as nasty as you like while still maintaining minimum standards of the site. i think its funny

as a bonus:

EXPOS-home unis with no pinstripes and same striping pattern as roads. tricolor hat, 1969-1991 number font and powder blue roads

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PHILLIES-beautiful except for the goofy number font. make it standard block and move numbers from sleeve to front.

Then it wouldn't match the puffiness of the "P". The idea I've mentioned before on this MB is to move the Liberty Bell stirrup logo to the left sleeve, replacing the numbers. No numbers on the front, no numbers on the sleeve...simple change... ^_^

here I go again :rolleyes: with my baseball uniforms.This is IMO <_< on how

MLB threads should look:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

EASTERN DIVISION

YANKS-perfectromundo!!!!-i don't mind tweaking the road unis a lil though.

BOSOX-also TIMELESSS!!!!-but ditch the RED tops A.S.A.P.!!!!!

JAYS-i don't mind their gear so much-it's just BLUE should be their home caps NOT GRAY!!!BLACK hats are tolerable at best.

O'S-i like thier gear a lot-KEEP the realistic bird at ALL costs!!-u can use the cartoon bird as an alt. on the sleeve though.

RAYS-i dig the current threads they have-but use BLACK hats at home-keep the name.

CENTRAL DIVISION

CHISOX-perfectomundo!!!!-use more BLACK tops as away and alternate home tops.

TRIBE-not too bad-should've use NAVY tops as alt. home tops instead of sleeveless 1s.

TIGERS-perfectomundo!!!!-leave them alone-tweak the away tops a bit though.

TWINS-just fine the way they are-keep the "M" hats as away though.

ROYALS-back to normal-YYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!-make sure the crown is yellow or gold.

WESTERN DIVISION

A'S-fine with what they have-yellow outline can be thicker on both home/away tops.

M'S-perfectomundo!!!-could use the star as patch on ALL 3 jerseys IMO though.

RANGERS-fine with what they got-use the sleeveless 1s less often IMO.

HALOS-perfectomundo!!!!minus the sleeveless 1s-a tad bit more NAVY could work.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

EASTERN DIVISION

BRAVOS-perfectomundo!!!see the BOSOX-alt. home tops should be NAVY IMO.

FISH-i like their current gear but the AQUA trim can be thicker on ALL jerseys though.

PHILS-perfecto!!! the no.s/script can be trimmed in BLUE+on the sleeve as well.

NATS-fine with what they got-use alt logo on home sleeve patch though.

METS-use BLACK on weekends....ONLY!!!!i dont mind BLK/BLU hats as much

CENTRAL DIVISION

CUBS-perfecto!!!!just puts names BACK on the unis+BLUE tops only on away.

CARDS-see CUBS.just keep the alt. BLUE/RED hat for away games IMO.

BUCS-i don't mind what they have-see the A's-burn the striped alts. though.

REDS-fine-just put the running red man on sleeve on both jerseys.

STROS-fine with what they got-just make BRICK RED trim a tad thicker though.

BREWERS-fine with what they got-just color glove/ball navy+gold on sleeve.

WESTERN DIVISION

DODGERS-perfecto!!!but names back on the unis in '06.

GIANTS-go with WHITE!!!!-make orange trim a bit thicker though.

PADS-just fine-put POWDER BLUE on underscore and make TAN a tad bit thicker.

ROCKS-i like thier unis-just remove stripes from away jerseys.

D-BACKS-keep current color scheme-but make away jerseys have sleeves IMO.

That's all for today.Thanks again.THE END. :flagusa:

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

AL East

BOS - Add names to home unis.

NYY - Either add red to the uniforms or get it out of the logo. Also, add names and moderize the roadies.

BAL - Change the hat logo to the bird swinging the bat and road unis say Baltimore.

TOR - Go old school to the unis they won the titles in, or the ones from when Clemens was there.

TB - Change team name, start from scratch.

AL Central

CHW- Nothing.

CLE - No more "I" hats and alts.

DET - Nothing.

MIN - Either pick between the "M" or the "TC" hat. Not both.

KC - Update the KC logo on the hat. Ditch black, bring in more gold.

AL West

OAK - Use the old english style text on unis and hat, and replace the yellow with gold.

SEA - Change all numbers to the one used on the alternates, and bring back the aqua/teal unis.

TEX - Nothing.

LAA - Replace red with navy blue.

NL East

ATL - Nothing.

FLA - Add more orange.

PHI - Nothing.

WAS - Use "DC" hats.

NYM - No more black!!

NL Central

CHC - Bring back names on home unis.

HOU - Nothing.

STL - Use St. Louis on road unis.

PIT - Nothing.

CIN - Nothing.

MIL - Nothing. Especially no ball-n-glove!

NL West

LAD - Use blue numbers and add names to home unis

SF - Ditch peach home unis for white and add names

COL - Go back to mid 90s. No "CR" unis. No vests.

ARI - Pick between "D" or "A" hat, not so many colors

SD - Ditch piss-soaked colored road unis for regular gray, change logo, major overhaul needed.

6uXNWAo.png

Well, here's my take on the uniforms. Now I don't mind the alts, just don't have too many, or make the alts perfect enough to have one.

BRAVES-Perfect, although numbers on the front is optional.

NATIONALS-Get rid of the numbers on the fronts. That's all I have to say about them.

MARLINS-OK, hate the black alts.

METS-Go back to the 69' unis, and add a blue alt, that says "Mets" only.

PHILLIES-Perfect.

CARDINALS-Perfect, but couldn't the road unis say "St. Louis"?

CUBS-Perfect, but they only need one blue alt, keep the ones with the names on the back. The ones without them look like BP jerseys.

ASTROS-I miss the Orange rainbow jerseys! BIG TIME!!

BREWERS-Nice, but the roads have to say "Milwaukee". The 1994 unis were one of my favourites because of the font they used. Now that's a classic script.

REDS-OK, a little overkill on the blacks. The 1995 unis were the best.

PIRATES-As good as it gets.

DODGERS-Excellent, but put the names back.

GIANTS-Awesome.

DIAMONDBACKS-The home uniforms are awesome, but the roads need work, and a number on the front.

ROCKIES-The unis are fine, but ditch the black vests, for the love of God!

PADRES-I like the khaki road unis. It's different, cutting edge. The new look isn't bad.

YANKEES-Perfect.

RED SOX-Also perfect. The red alts, I'm not sure about.

ORIOLES-Bring back the cartoon bird, and put "Baltimore" on the road unis, add an orange alt, and you have a winning kit.

DEVIL RAYS-Like the green, not much more I can say about it.

BLUE JAYS-1997 unis were nice.

WHITE SOX-Good guys wear good unis! Add the 1917 home unis! (Personally I loved the late 70's unis, the ones with the big-ass collars.)

INDIANS-No problems here.

TIGERS-Perfect.

ROYALS-Go back to the late 70's, means powder blues.

TWINS-Perfect. Lose the alts.

ANGELS-Perfect, but it's either L.A., or Anaheim. Can't be both. Example: Los Angeles Angels is good enough.

RANGERS-I like the red colour unis they had before.

ATHLETICS-Perfect.

MARINERS-Perfect.

And last, and certainly never the least:

EXPOS-Tough call here, but I liked the 1979 unis.

All teams: sleeves. No vests.

Braves: leave it, lose the red alt

Phillies: Philadelphia on the road

Marlins: Change to Miami Marlins, more teal and orange

Nationals: DC cap, no front #s, standardize the sometimes-red-sometimes-navy stuff for both sets

Mets: no drop-shadow, and maybe a different city script that isn't so Red Soxy.

Cubs: different city script, no red road bills, names on the back

Brewers: ball in glove, royal blue and gold, block letters and numbers, no pinstripes

Cardinals: no road cap, St. Louis on the road

Astros: probably needs a whole overhaul

Reds: modernize the simpler 70s uniforms

Pirates: pinstripes at home, clean ones like maybe one game of a long homestand

Dodgers: lose the silver trim whereever it occurs, names on the back

Giants: leave it

Rockies: who cares

Padres: grey on the road, better city script

DBacks: new color scheme. Maroons and golds?

Yankees: leave it

Red Sox: leave it

Orioles: Baltimore on greys, settle on real or toon bird, but pick one

Blue Jays: 92-93

Rays: St. Petersburg Rays?

Tigers: leave it, no road cap

Twins: same

Royals: they beat us to the punch

White Sox: leave it

Indians: lose the silver trim and the I logo

Rangers: no drop shadow, Dodger script at home

A's: leave it, no road cap. MAYBE experiment with straight names?

Angels: Los Angeles on grey, replace silver with yellow

Mariners: DBacks-style numbers from the alt on white and grey

By and large the board has the same ideas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Red Sox - when they switched to red undershirts and introduced the red alt they reached perfection.

Yankees- all they need to do is standardize the "NY" logos. i would go with the version on the jersey. then they need to ditch the promary baseball and hat logo and just use the "NY" as the team's primary mark.

Orioles- put "BALTIMORE" on the roads, tone down the realism on the cap logo, but don't use the cartoon logo. that logo is an example of retro needing to be keept in the past.

Blue Jays- go back to the 1993 unis.

Devil Rays- if they're plannimg on keeping the name then they need to ditch the green alt, and make the vest road alt the primary road alt. however i would just scrap the name and come up with a whole new identity.

White Sox- perfection.

Indians- completly remove chief wahoo and replace him with the "I" or a new "C" cap logo. maybe use both, one for home the other for the road

Tigers- standardize the "D" logos, again i like the jersey version over the cap version. have grey road unis with navy piping, and "DETROIT" spelled in the font of the "D" logo in navy. ditch the orange "D" hats, use the home cap on on the road.

Twins- ditch the "M" cap. use the red alt cap for all home games. use the blue "TC" cap for all road games. keep both navy alts. keep pinstripes on both home and road primary unis. ditch the generic ball logo, use the updated shking hands over a river logo as the primary.

Royals- just take the last set (with all the black), ditch the black alt, and on teh remaining three jerseys replace the black highlights with gold. use the crown/first base logo on the sleave of all the jerseys. ditch the genaric ball logo.

A's- perfect

Mariners- use # font from alt on home and road jerseys, ditch the navy alt, bring back the teal alt.

Rangers- start over.

Angels- go back to the name "Anahiem Angeles" put "ANAHIEM" on the road jerseys. if the want to use the los angeles name then they need to get a stadium IN los angeles.

Braves- perfect, the red alt is one of baseball's best.

Marlines- incorperate more teal into all uni sets.

Phillies- keep the desighn of the unis and logos they have now, but replace the red with maroon.

Nationals - Use the "DC" logo on the hats, get rid of the "Est. 1905" banner from the sleave of the home jersey, or change it to say "Est. 1969".

Mets- ditch the pinstripe unis. let the yankees use pinstripes when it comes to major leauge new york baseball. ditch the black jerseys, ditch the black hats. use the blue hat with the orange "NY" full time. keep the black highlights on the snow white unis (new primary home set) and on the grey roads. bring in a blue alt jersey with "NEW YORK" in white, outlined in orange, with black drop shadow.

Cubs - ditch the nameless blue alts. use the blue alts with names as the alt jersey for both home and road games. replace the NL logo on the sleave of the blue alt with the "C-ubs" logo.

Astros- go back to the best set the club has ever had: the navy and gold set from the mid-late 90's.

Cardinals- Put "St. Louis/birds on bat" logo on the road jersey.

Pirates- ditch the black alt jersey, or at least get rid of all the red from it.

Reds- use red caps and undershirts for both home and road games.

Brewers- put "MILWAUKEE" on the roads, no ball and glove logo ANY WHERE.

Dodgers- put names back on the jerseys.

Giants- perfect.

Rockes - Go back to the club's original set. best they have had.

Dimond Backs- perfect. just use the vest version of the home jersey as the primary home jersey, ditch the non vest bersion.

Padres- replace all navy with brown. use the swinging friar as the primary logo. replace "SAN DIEGO" on the roads with a brown "SD" logo. keep the sand coloured road unis.

Angels- go back to the name "Anahiem Angeles" put "ANAHIEM" on the road jerseys. if the want to use the los angeles name then they need to get a stadium IN los angeles.

IT'S A SUBURB. IT IS NOT ITS OWN AREA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SPORTS TEAM NOMENCLATURE. ANAHEIM IS A SUBURB OF LOS ANGELES, AS GLENDALE IS A SUBURB OF PHOENIX.

God. Damn burbs and their inflated self-opinions.

DIAMONDBACKS-no freaking clue.  would like to see anyone elses take on this one.  i guess first step would be change color scheme.  maybe crimson, gold(yellow), and black.  dont know though

How About no, they are not the Arizona State Diamondbacks. The color they have now is fine. Leave it be.

IT'S A SUBURB. IT IS NOT ITS OWN AREA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SPORTS TEAM NOMENCLATURE. ANAHEIM IS A SUBURB OF LOS ANGELES, AS GLENDALE IS A SUBURB OF PHOENIX.

God. Damn burbs and their inflated self-opinions.

We have the teams. They just sport the Phoenix name. So it is technically our team so :P

DIAMONDBACKS-no freaking clue.  would like to see anyone elses take on this one.  i guess first step would be change color scheme.  maybe crimson, gold(yellow), and black.  dont know though

How About no, they are not the Arizona State Diamondbacks. The color they have now is fine. Leave it be.

Maroon, gold, and navy does look pretty good to me.

Maroon, gold, and navy does look pretty good to me.

yeah for the Sun Devils, if they were to choose new colors, maroon and gold is not the way to go! As being both a Sun Devil Alumnus, and a Dback Fan I have to :puke: to the thought of Maroon and Gold on the Diamondbacks. What they have is perfect imo.

Red Sox - Bring back the striped stirrups.

Yankees- Take the white outline away from the lettering and lose the elastic off the sleeves on the road jersey.

Orioles- Put Baltimore on the roads.

Blue Jays- Replace black in the current set with blue.

Devil Rays- Contract the fraichise or send them to AAA.

White Sox- No change.

Indians- Lose the "I" cap and Alternates and liose the silver from the lettering

Tigers- Lose the white outline on the roads.

Twins- Use the Blue TC has as the main cap lose the red alt cap.

Royals- Lose the black including the black alt, and lose the vests. Use the old script Kansas City wordmark on the roads and use gold as an accent.

A's- Fine the way they are.

Mariners- Bring back the teal brimmed home cap.

Rangers- Drop black.

Angels- Make the cap navy blue with a red brim, put Los Angeles on the road uniforms, ditch the black spikes.

Braves- Lose the Alt or make it Navy if they must have one.

Marlines- More teal especially on the wordmark of the alt.

Phillies- Lose the sleeve numbers.

Nationals - Lose the numbers from the front.

Mets- Lose the black. Go back to what they had before the "Mets in Black" stuff from 1998. If they must have alts make them blue with orange lettering outlined in white.

Cubs - Lose the alts and red billed hat.

Astros- Back to the navy and gold set from the mid-late 90's.

Cardinals- Fine the way they are.

Pirates- Lose the black alt.

Reds- Back to a set similar to the one used in the early 70's. Lose black.

Brewers- Put Milwaukee on the roads and lose the wheat stalk from under the M on the cap.

Dodgers- Bring back the last names, lose the stupid LA patch from the home and the Dodgers patch from the road.

Giants- Fine as they are.

Rockes - Go back to the original set except put Colorado on the Road jersey

Dimond Backs- perfect. just use the vest version of the home jersey as the primary home jersey, use the "A" hat full time.

Padres- Fine for now.

The Phillies have never worn a "standard block" number. The closest thing they had that I know of was in the Whiz Kids Era through the end of the '60s, and even that is not standard block: a stick "1", and extra angles in the numbers... sorta like the Indy Colts' font for the players' names. Similar but not quite standard. So why abandon something unique to be like everyone else?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Might as well chime in as well....

Red Sox - Ditch the awful red alts...other than that, it's golden.

Yankees- Add names to the road jerseys...no other changes needed here.

Orioles- I'll join the masses...bring the BALTIMORE back on the road..or at least changes the ORIOLES to black on the road jersey.

Blue Jays- Lessen the graphite and black and make blue the emphasis color.

Devil Rays- Start from fluffing scratch...there's nothing that can make their current look look good, IMO.

White Sox- Leave as-is.

Indians- Ditch the "I" hats and make Lil' Wahoo a bit bigger on the caps..also, the silver can kinda leave.

Tigers- Leave 'em.

Twins- Take the pinstripes off the roads.

Royals- Cancel the black drop shadowing and road hat.

A's- Drop the "'s" with the A and put it front and central on the home and alt unis.

Mariners- Keep em' as-is

Rangers- Drop the black drop-shadows.

Angels- Add LOS ANGELES to the road jerseys...other than that, this one of the sharper looks in the majors, IMO.

Braves- BURN THOSE HIDEOUS USED SANITARY NAPKIN RED ALTS!

Marlins- Move away from using the black alts like every day...

Phillies- Keep em..yes, even the sleeve #s.

Nationals - Keep it as is for now

Mets- Ditch the black alts & the all-black hat. I can live with the drop shadowing on the "Snow White" alternate and the road jersey, but NOT on the pinstripes.

Cubs - Use the alt on the road ONLY.

Astros- This has grown on me...but there's too many alt versions around...if anything, lose the all white with the brick hats.

Cardinals- Perfection.

Pirates- See Cardinals.

Reds- Update the 1970 unis and you got a pretty sharp look.

Brewers- Just add MILWAUKEE to the roads...as for alts, yah, not gonna open up THAT Pandora's Box :lol:

Dodgers- Lose the patches.

Giants- Not too shabby, IMO.

Rockes - Take a page from the Broncos and what they did to those ghastly striped socks and do the same to the current road jerseys, the purple alts, and those awful black vests. If anything, bring back the original road jerseys, but with COLORADO on the front.

Diamond Backs- I like these...why change em?

Padres- Change the road from sand to gray and it's a winner.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived