Cardinals red jerseys this weekend

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
capt.pns11410240039.titans_cardinals_pns114.jpgcapt.pns10210232238.titans_cardinals_pns102.jpg

The Cards never cease to amaze me at how bad a team whose primary colors are RED and WHITE can absolutely mutilate something that's supposed to resemble an NFL uniform...for God's sakes, it's RED and WHITE, not Seahawk Blue and lime or teal and black.... :rolleyes:

As most of you already know, I've been a Cardinals fan for around 36 years or so. And, a huge uniform/logo nut for about that long. I have been waiting since around 1972 for an overhaul of the Cardinals' uniforms, and after staring at these things constantly since they were unveiled...

...I like 'em.

However, I am absolutely going nuts waiting to see the new Red jerseys in action. Hopefully, with White pants. Not really a huge fan of the new Red pants - not enough White in them for my taste.

ArizonaCardinals_UN_2005-9999_SOL.jpg

...I like 'em.

I like 'em, too. The new look is solid. I also agree w/ the proposition that they ought not to go red-on-red. I've never been a fan of monochromatic uniforms, outside of a white-on-white combo.

Now that they've updated their look, my only wish is that they would play decent football.

I've been a Bears fan for as long as I can remember even thinking about football. Over the 18 years since the Cardinals moved to Arizona, the club has given me no reason to make them more than a distant second in my heart.

And lord knows that the Bears haven't done much to reinforce my allegiances. The Cardinals have certainly had the opportunity to win a healthy share of my affection.

The phenomenon is mirrored in football fans throughout the Valley. That's why you see so many Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders and Packers fans at the Cardinals' home games.

Even after all these years of disappointment, Arizona has a fanbase so starving for quality football that they'd embrace a marginally competitive Cardinals team -- 8-8, 9-7...that's all it would take!

Let's hope they turn it around. But very few of us in Arizona are holding our breath.

We all know that they are gonna wear red-on-red and we all know that it's gonna suck soooo bad.

The retro grey facemask clashes with the current futuristic white-on-white. It's gonna clash a lot worse with the all-reds. White helmets with colored monochrome uniforms (especially with socks that are the same color as the pants) is my call for the worst possible look in all of football. It looks bad when the Dolphins do it, it looks bad when the Jets do it, and it's gonna look even worse when the Cardinals do it.

Pantone, you've gotta at least agree with that.

We all know that they are gonna wear red-on-red and we all know that it's gonna suck soooo bad.

The retro grey facemask clashes with the current futuristic white-on-white. It's gonna clash a lot worse with the all-reds. White helmets with colored monochrome uniforms (especially with socks that are the same color as the pants) is my call for the worst possible look in all of football. It looks bad when the Dolphins do it, it looks bad when the Jets do it, and it's gonna look even worse when the Cardinals do it.

Pantone, you've gotta at least agree with that.

Absolutely.

However, that very arguement also aligns with my opinion that the Bears' all-Navy Blue monochrome actually looked GOOD - at least to me.

Other than the fact that the pant striping on the Navy pants doesn't match the style of striping on the Navy jerseys...(it's been bugging me for years)

Archived