Mizzou in gold pants v. Nebraska

stlcards023

The colors are good (it certainly took Mizzou long enough to realize that dressing like Colorado wasn't cool), but the stripes and other details are weak. They need to clean it up and stop trying to be a black and gold version of the Falcons.

The colors are good (it certainly took Mizzou long enough to realize that dressing like Colorado wasn't cool), but the stripes and other details are weak.  They need to clean it up and stop trying to be a black and gold version of the Falcons.

Or they could just simplify it all by eliminating all the piping and go back to this clean and classy look:

football4vr.gif

Ya know, I think actually I'm the only one that likes Mizzou's new uniform design. I think it is modern but not too flashy. The uniforms they wore when I was there had a darker more generic gold and were nothing special. These have a gold that no one else really uses and some of the detail is nice. The old Wilson ones shown in the picture from the Corby Jones days are aweful in person so going back to those will never be an option.

the only thing im confused about is the team/school colors. I live about 45 minutes from columbia so i follow mizzou pretty closely. I was under the impression that the colors had changed to Vegas gold. The M on the helmet is vegas and the bball team's alternate jerseys are vegas. I just think they should get some kind of consistancy going on at mizzou.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

There's numerous problems with Mizzou's look.

Number, the shade of gold. I can't even tell if the jersey/pant gold is yellow or some flat sorta yellowish but still old/vegas gold gold. It's weird. Anyone, it's a fine shade...if it matched the shade on the helmet. Those NEED to match.

Then, the helmet striping and outline on the M needs to match the striping and outlining of the numbers on the jersey/pants. Right now you've got the stripes right next to eachother on the jersey/pants, but on the helmet they are seperated.

Then, the striping on the jersey and pants is pretty weird. It's that odd mixture of piping and thicker stuff...it's alright. I can deal with it if other problems were fixed. But there is another problem with it. The pants and jersey don't match up with every combination. Look at the piping on the gold pants...it's black and it "flows" right into some nice...gold piping on the black jersey. That crap bothers me so much....make it match! That's just lazy, and I see it too much.

And finally, perhaps the most glaring thing to me because it should be something standard and just shows completely lazyness as opposed to any lack of design skill...the Tiger head on the left sleeve faces the back of the player. Isn't it just a standard thing that if you have a side view of an animal/mascot you reverse it on one of the sleeves so that both of them face the front? That would completely ruin this uniform even if all the other problems I mentioned were fixed...

Too bad they're still Mizzou. Yeah I said it.

That's nice.

Now, when you have something to contribute, let us know. Y'know, like something about the jerseys or logos, since this is the Sports Logos forum, and this topic was about the uniforms, not the team?

Thanks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's because KU people are often ignorant

You realize your comment is no better than the original. You have a thought about logos or uniforms, it belongs here. You have an INTELLIGENT thought about a team in question...it doesn't really go here, but we could stretch it. You have an attack on anybody...it belongs NO WHERE on these boards.

Let's get back on subject please and thankyou.

OMG! Somebody makes a simple joke about their rival school and then we get 4 or 5 posts ripping the person about being "off-topic" yet they are being off-topic themselves. Chill out....

And to whomever made the comment about the them being ahead in the Big 12 North, being a horrible team never stopped MU fans from attempting to make fun of KU's basketball team ever.

Archived