Toronto Maple Leafs' makeover

kroma

I give you an F for using Mr. Glass, an A for effort...I think I'll give out a B for the crest and a cumulative C+ I'd have contrasting numbers if I were you, fans like to be able to see a guy's number, ya know ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's good but it's missing something. I think it needs more of a Toronto feel if you get what im saying. Right now it looks like a blue alternate for the national team.

yea ...it would be a good Canadian National team alternate....i like the crest a lot....but it doesnt really say "Toronto"....u know....but i really do like the logo...

I give you an F for using Mr. Glass, an A for effort...I think I'll give out a B for the crest and a cumulative C+ I'd have contrasting numbers if I were you, fans like to be able to see a guy's number, ya know ;)

Mr. Glass....I prefer the term Jell-O Head. The logo's decent...not feeling it as a Toronto jersey, like others have said. Maybe since it's a Lindros jersey, strap a pillow on top of that helmet :hockeysmiley:

The crest is a neat alternate for the Canadian National Team like we all said. But isn't the that style of Leafs jersey with the uni-stripe associated with the very worst of the Harold Ballard era? I'm pretty sure that's what the Leafs were wearing when they were the butt of every joke.

Personally, I liked the simple uniforms they wore in the Gilmour/Andreychuk/Potvin years, like '94. Simple blue stripes, block numbers, and that cool chunky rounded-off type for the nameplates. (Anyone know how to get that?) I actually don't like how they incorporated the Maple Leafs font into the letters and numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

White jerseys shouldn't have white numbers on them. Not just impossible to read, but not a good look. Ditto the navy numbers on navy sleeves. And the player name font is not better than what they've got now, which incorporates the font from the present Leaf logo ("Ballard leaf"). Personally, I wish they'd bring back the numbers designed to match the logo and the player names.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I have a problem with the Leafs font on the numbers and names...it doesn't look right to me. Leafs and Canadiens should just keep it simple, even though the Maple Leafs have had various tweaks to the crest and the sweater template over the years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with TCR, it brings back too many bad memories of Pal Hal. That having been said, the Leafs should just put the leaf from the "third" jersey on both sets. Make the "third" the primary white jersey and use the numbers from the "third" on both. Don't need the silver outline. You can't see it and they're not called the "Blue and White" for nothing. Also lose the "TML" monogram it serves no useful purpose.

I admire all you guys for trying to improve the Leaf uniforms, but done as I described, they're perfect. You don't see the Habs or the Wings uniforms getting as many off-base redesigns as the Leafs. Get rid of the "Ballard leaf" and they're almost perfection.

:flagcanada: GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada:

Archived