New Colorado Avalanche logo (10/30/05)

StPatty33

Here's my interpretation of the Colorado Avalanche--a meld of the current logo and the Colorado state flag:

newAv.png

C & C appreciated!

*edit* Here's the final logo and Alternate jersey I created for it:

finalnewavs.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is abso****inglutely brilliant.

slap that summmbitch on the front of the alternate jersey, and it goes from a silly rangers-ripoff to one of the best alternates in sports.

not sure if i like it as a primary mark, but as an alternate jersey logo, or shoulder patch, it's outstanding. one of the best concepts i think i've seen.

much better than the diagonal text, or the bigfoot logo. i'm officially impressed :)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I'm not sure I like it as the primary either--though I still think the current A won't stand the test of time. It's cool, but it still screams "Expansion!" to me. That's why I'm continually trying to come up with a new concept for it.

I think it's round shape definitely lends itself to a secondary logo, but it's too much like the A to go on the same jersey I think. I'll toss it onto an Avalanche 3rd concept and see how it turns out, eh!

spacer.png

It's a great idea with great execution. I don't like the puck in the middle, but just the C on an aternate would be killer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not bad as an alt but I like the A better

In General, I like it when the letters used in a logo refer to the Location of the team, and not the team Nickname, unless it is somebody like the A's.

So, I think this is way better than the Colorado "A" logo for that reason.

Again, I've been trying to get the Avs some sort of timeless classic look--something I feel they're missing right now. That being said, here's my most recent attempt:

Avs3rd.png

The other logo is the primary logo replacement I made for the Avs before. I don't think it looks near as good as with my previous replacement of the maroon for a light powder blue. I just figured I'd toss that on this jersey instead of one of the real logos *shrugs*

spacer.png

yeah I'm going to experiment with those... making them white w/a grey border, pulling the bars in, w/the white again etc. I've got to try other fonts and stuff as well for the "COLORADO AVALANCHE" text. When I get it the way I like it I'll let you know *nods*

spacer.png

add some white to the sweater stripes (even simply by outlining the grey bars with white, which won't look as much like adding stripes, as much as it will just give the grey bars a different look... sorta like the red on the oilers sweaters, around the copper)...

i like the way the logo looks on there without the extra circle... it just needs a bit of white on the actual jersey to tie it in.

i'm not completely sold on the sweaters, btw, if you're going "timeless"... because they do seem to be following the latest trends towards throwback styling.

i think you'd be better off with simple striping (like you have), but less red wings styled contrast sleeves, which looks vintage, and thus not timeless. (does that make sense?) also, i'd go with a timeless V-neck... it's the only style collar that appears to be truely timeless. the sleeve pattern and draw-strings make the look very vintage to me, which in this case, doesn't equal timelessness.

still, i'm only being so nit-picky because i really really like where you're going with this.

Archived