New Colorado Avalanche logo (10/30/05)

StPatty33

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the advice, Cole... I think you're absolutely right about just needing some white in the jersey to tie it in. I might have to toy with a whole new jersey concept later, as I don't really want it to look too much like their current 3rd as far as the striping goes.

As far as the logo, I think I'm gonna go w/out the circle. I've got several tweaks I want to do to it and clean it up a bit, but I think it's definitely got potential. Thanks again for all the feedback everybody.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Thanks for the advice, Cole... I think you're absolutely right about just needing some white in the jersey to tie it in. I might have to toy with a whole new jersey concept later, as I don't really want it to look too much like their current 3rd as far as the striping goes.

As far as the logo, I think I'm gonna go w/out the circle. I've got several tweaks I want to do to it and clean it up a bit, but I think it's definitely got potential. Thanks again for all the feedback everybody.

can't wait to see what you come up with... i can't stand the avs, being a diehard stars fan since i was 9... but i've gotta give you credit :) this whole concept is one of my favorites in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Touched the logo up, put it on the normal jerseys, and finished the Alternate very much to my liking:

Avnorm.png

finalnewavs.png

I used my secondary logo I'd created for the Avs a couple months ago.

spacer.png

I love the logo. It looks great as a crest, plus the version with the words makes a great "full" mark, to be used in marketing and whatnot.

I'm not sold on the blue sleeves and the grey shoulders on your alt, however. With blue shoulders, as Cole mentioned, and burgandy sleeves (with blue stripes), I think you'd have a winner.

Actually, there's one more thing, now that I look at it again--what about removing the black? It looks so thrown-in on their current look (especially since the black stripe disappears on their white jerseys), and I think it'd improve the look by going without it, and would simplify the colour set (since there's already burgandy, blue, grey, and white). I suppose the puck would lose its identity a bit, though I think that it would likely work well in blue.

Overal, I think it's terrific work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm also an Avs fan and I like what they are wearing right now.... but these do look great would definitely choose your alt over thiers !!! and i always wondered why do they have to have black pants ?? why not the blue or the dark red?? just wondering what it would look like .....

Nicest concept package I've seen since I've been here, and that's saying a lot since there are so many great concepts on this board.

In the logo with the Colorado Avalanche text can you have the box that extens out of the circle end at the circle?

Also, maybe you can minimize the use of black and make the grey a little more powder blueish.

Looks great as is. Keep up the good work. B)

buffalo_sig.png

I'd always thought powder blue would be a good color for the team (you can tell if you've seen my previous Avs concepts). I was going about this as something I may even toss the Avs way in a proposal of sorts--so I didn't want to fiddle with the colors at all initially.

When I get back on my PC I think I'll try replacing black with the burgundy as just a secondary color, then replace burgundy with powder blue as the second primary color. I may have to darken the silver or do something a little different with it to make it stand apart from the powder blue... or drop it altogether *shrugs* We'll see what looks good, eh!

Oh and thanks for the compliment! There are so many great concepts on this board... that's a very kind thing to say. :D

spacer.png

while I disagree with ya on how well the A will stand the test of time (I figure they'll still be wearing it in 50 years) I love your C. I can't decide on one, though...the version with teh circle makes me wanna drop a puck down right about now

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

to throw in 2 more of my cents, on what mockba said, i'd love to see the avs drop the black from their uniforms.

i think you could honestly get by with keeping the puck black in the logo though... chicago, phoenix, toronto, minnesota... all those teams have colors in their logo that aren't in the stripes... plus, the dallas mavericks logos has black, but there's none on the uniforms.

i think keeping the puck black, dropping the black, but keeping the rest of the colors exactly the same, would give them a great set. especially with the C crest.

I know most people don't like the black in the Avs, I've never really felt strongly either way about it. I was kind of trying to embrace the black on that 3rd. I've always thought they needed to use more silver trim too...

adding powder blue will give me countless more options on the logo as far as fleshing out the snow. I'll do a whole lot of fiddling around here in a few.

spacer.png

Archived