EPSTEIN RESIGNS!

FiddySicks

I am so furious at Larry Lucchino and the Red Sox front office for letting it get this far...Theo should've been given whatever he wanted...this is ridiculous.

I feel that Theo is vastly overrated. He has a hug bankroll and half of Beane's smarts.

Imagine if Theo had brought Arod to Boston?

I'd like to thank Theo for the following:

Renteria (Rent-a-Wreck)

Letting Cabrera go

Closer by committee

Letting Jay Payton go

the 05 starting pitching rotation

BYK

He did do an amazing job with restocking the farm system, but his moves have been 50/50. The team with the second highest payroll in baseball would eventually win the World Series.

BoSox fans, relax.

Just think if Steinbrenner didn't meddle in New York. Boston would have ended up with Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez and anyother recent Yankee busts lately.

J.P. is from the Boston area (hmmm?could he be me?) It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for him to end up back in Boston.

Supposedly, this was all a big power struggle. Even though the Red Sox have a lot of money, Lucchino didn't give Epstein the power to go after the players he felt were best for the team. I think Lucchino was more about going after the big name free agents, regardless of how the team chemistry might be affected. Epstein was more about the personal relationships with the players (like his college-type recruiting of Schilling), while Lucchino is more about the corporate-type relations.

I don't know what the next few years of the Red Sox holds for them. It could be a very tumultuous situation with more money but no championships (like the Yankees and the Dodgers). Or it could be closer to the Cardinals, where chemistry seems to be held in higher regard. Then again, there's no Championship there either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

J.P. is from the Boston area (hmmm?could he be me?) It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for him to end up back in Boston.

Apparently he has an out clause if boston offers him a job... hence my panic

Man...I'd love to have J.P. with the Sox...it'd make me feel a bit better about the Theo situation.

I still think Lucchino's a dick, though.

The Phillies need to jump on this..

Meh. It's tough to fairly judge guys like Epstein and Cashman. They might be great, but until they do it with limited resources we'll never really know.

Although the Phillies $95 million isn't exactly limited, I'd be satisfied with Gillick or Hunsicker, who have both built winners with a lower budget than that.

Having said that, I wouldn't bitch if we did get Theo, but you know Monty isn't shelling out more than 500k for a GM.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I gte a gut feeling Epstein will end up in LA with the Dodgers.

No way. First I have theard that Epstein will probably take the year off. But secondly I have Depodesta was fired because of philosophy. Apparently Depodesta's approauch wasn't to the likeing of Tommy Lasorda, so Lasorda convinced McCourt to fire Depodesta. I would expect the Dodgers to hire a more traditional GM and not the Billy Bean type.

Cashman, IMO, is just a figure head. He gets paid $6 million to just sit there.

Yea, pretty much. Unfortunatly the basbeall people aren't in charge of the Yankees like they were in the 90's.

That's when I respected the Yankees. Don't really respected them, but I will say I do have a lot of respect for Torre and Jeter. Would love to see both in Red Sox jerseys....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I heard Epstein is bac with the Sox.

They're having a press conference at Fenway now.

Is this true?

Yes and no. He still left the organization, he just had the presser to "explain himself," but he didn't add anything specific...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Cashman, IMO, is just a figure head. He gets paid $6 million to just sit there.

Yea, pretty much. Unfortunatly the basbeall people aren't in charge of the Yankees like they were in the 90's.

That's when I respected the Yankees. Don't really respected them, but I will say I do have a lot of respect for Torre and Jeter. Would love to see both in Red Sox jerseys....

You'll never see htat. What you said is the reason Torre is still with the Yankees. Torre was as good as gone after 2003 becasue of all that happened that year, 2004 was supposed to be his lame duck year. Steinbrenner gave Torre an extension after 2003 becasue he feared after his contract was up that he might go to the Red Sox. Torre's contract is up after this year I belive and he has a consultant contract in place for after he is manager of the Yankees. I think the fear of him going to Boston is still present even after the Sox won in 2004 which is why Steinbrenner has not fired him. Not that Torre should be fired. He shouldn't he won 4 World Championships with the tea.

As for the Sox current situation I heard a lot of experienced GM's don't want to work for Lucchino.

I heard Epstein is bac with the Sox.

They're having a press conference at Fenway now.

Is this true?

No, he's not back with the Sox. He'll be "around" for the next few days to help the organization transition to a new GM, whoever that may turn out to be. But no, Theo's gone from the organization by the end of the week.

Archived