Now what Robin Yount would have looked like....

DEAD!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
um, it's not THAT great. The script is cool, the hat is nice, but Times New Roman doesn't work in jerseys.

The heck it doesn't. That is one of the classiest number fonts in all of pro sports. It doesn't work for every team of course, but I really like it a lot.

JeffB

You think Times New Roman looks that great? :therock:

Anyways, I agree with nwtrailtrekker when he says the 19 looks photoshoped. Bad, very bad design.

It might look photoshopped, but it most definitely isn't. The Brewers website has a bunch of these pics from the press conference where they hired him.

And Yount looks VERY professional in this gear. It is way better than the old 80's pinstripes. I still don't see the appeal of the old ball & glove logo. It looks liek a softball team would have worn those unis. Too kitsch.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Anyone remember when the All-Star game was in Milwaukee a few years ago and Yout was an honorary American League Captain or coach? I believe he was supposed to wear the old Brewers uniform but instead refused and wore the American League BP jersey because the Ball and Glove jersey's were ugly.

Anyone remember when the All-Star game was in Milwaukee a few years ago and Yout was an honorary American League Captain or coach? I believe he was supposed to wear the old Brewers uniform but instead refused and wore the American League BP jersey because the Ball and Glove jersey's were ugly.

That doesn't pass the smell test.

Source?

Barley and baseball? I think not. Stupid name deserves a lameass identity. Mission accomplishes.

Then come up with a better name for a city synonymous with its beer.

"Brewers" is one of the greatest nicknames in sport, and it's right for the city in which the team plays.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Barley and baseball? I think not. Stupid name deserves a lameass identity. Mission accomplishes.

Then come up with a better name for a city synonymous with its beer.

"Brewers" is one of the greatest nicknames in sport, and it's right for the city in which the team plays.

In addition to which it has been associated with Milwaukee teams almost continuously since 1901 (AL team that became the Browns), through the minor leagues, then with the new team in 1970. The only break was when the Braves were in town.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Chris Creamer board needs spell check function...

Anyway it's still a dumb and bizarre team name: Brewers?

But this is a city/state that gets national pub for Sausage Races and Cheeseheads. Lame Ass.

Pay me a $5000 consulting fee and I'll give you a better name.

How about the Milwaukee Buds after previous owner (the clueless Commish) Bud Selig?

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

Chris Creamer board needs spell check function...

But this is a city/state that gets national pub for Sausage Races and Cheeseheads. Lame Ass.

How about the Milwaukee Buds after previous owner (the clueless Commish) Bud Selig?

Bricknivy? Let me guess, you're a Cubs fan?

That's all I need to know :P

QPR%20Sig.png

Yeah, but you'd probably come up with something like "ThundeRockCatzzzz." :rolleyes:

The name is over 100 years old. You don't mess with that kind of tradition.

Archived