TEMPLATES: the great rebuilding

zer0dotcom

alright kiddies! time to clean up around here. First thigns first, we have to fix up that Templates thread.

Yes, it's been with us since the board first began, but it has stagnated into a wasteland of dead links and too many posts. SO! I am going through the task of creating a NEW templates thread.

If we could, i would like to pull together all the links we have to existing templates, both vectors and rasters. I will create a new LOCKED thread (no posts, no clutter, just tempaltes) with all the templates within.

please include the following information when submitting a template:

Raster or vector:

Size:

Sport:

Creator (if not yourself):

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my sig are the Vectored Football and Baseball Templates.

Saved in Illustrator 10.

templates.gif

Football (700kb) - I think a few people got involved in designing this one. Nick1773, Tempest and others. (Sorry guys, I don't know who you are)

Baseball (2Meg) - MLB template from their Uniform History Style Guide on their website.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Actually I have another idea.

I've already volunteered hosting these to zero, we'll see if that's the way we want to go.

But I think this is a good idea.

When we post a template, could we also have a Thumbnail pic of what the thing looks like? Like I've done above.

That way, rather than download a whole pile of templates, then never using them, you know beforehand what it looks like and can choose based on that.

Also, I suggest these pics can expand to be the blank raster version of the templates, so people without vector software don't have to look in different places for essentially, the same template.

Template-page.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

any chance of getting an AI v8.0 version of those temps, rmered?

Yep.

Here's the football one of thesetemplates.gif

It's on my Angelfire site for now, I'll put them somewhere decent when I get home from the office. (The corporate firewall won't let me use FTP s/ware at the office)

Try grabbing it now

(Angelfire, you have to drag it into the Address, clicking on it won't work)

The baseball one is a problem. Because it's full of images (mostly the players skin), and because AI8 doesn't handle them very well, the file ends up being just over 15 Meg.

I could load it if you really want it. But if you're not going to use it I won't.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It says it isn't there.... (and yes, i dragged, i did not click)

I can wait until you have a more reliable location for them. And oh yes, i will be using both.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I've already volunteered hosting these to zero, we'll see if that's the way we want to go.

When we post a template, could we also have a Thumbnail pic of what the thing looks like? Like I've done above.

That way, rather than download a whole pile of templates, then never using them, you know beforehand what it looks like and can choose based on that.

I really like that idea Rem. Alittle preview of what you are getting rather than a description only

I really like that idea Rem. Alittle preview of what you are getting rather than a description only

Template-page.gif

Surely someone here can do the pages to look something like this.

Or I could adapt my template to suit.

(WARNING: Shameless self-promotion imminent)

www.footyjumpers.com

All we then need is the pics, which takes 5 minutes, and somewhere to store them.

Which I volunteer for.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here's a list of the vector templates I've seen here.

FOOTBALL

The one above- Standing

pcgd's

Nick1733's

Nike (which I'll use the Zip file)

HOCKEY

Roger Clemente's

St Patty's Standing player

pcgd

BASEBALL

One above from MLB

Nike

pcgd

BASKETBALL

Bobcats player from their media guide

Nike/SyPhi clean up

pcgd

SOCCER

Colours of Football template

Sekem template with balloony shorts

pcgd

AUSSIE RULES

My Template

Discrim's

Sekem standing player

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Would people mind if I hosted their template on my website?

I don't want to step on toes.

I'd obviously give full recognition to the deisgner, so long as we know who it was.

Eg If I host St Patty's new hockey player template. Would anyone get weird about who hosts it, and who is downloading it?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived