The Art of War(hawk)

Discrim

I used to go to UW Whitewater, which oddly enough is the only NCAA school that uses the nickname Warhawks. If you've ever seen Mount Union, we kinda look like them, except we have a real logo, black's a part of our actual scheme, and we also use silver. so in honor of my old school, I whipped up a logo set, as our real logo is basically an Eagles ripoff.

Warhawk Football-see here

WarhawksLogos.png

the primary logo is a hawk wearing a helmet...that's forged to resemble a hawk. hope that makes sense to you.

and here goes a uniform set...heh, the black jerseys when I was there had purple numbers like MUC's, and although we did win in em, Mount Union whipped the black-clad Hawks pretty bad in the home opener a couple years ago (but then, Mount Union still whips almost everybody).

Warhawkshome.png

Warhawksroad.png

Warhawksthird.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Er, I don't know. Wait um. Yes i do.

9/10

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Being one who grew up in Racine, went to UW-LaCrosse, and now lives in Kenosha, I have seen some of what UW-Whitewater has done with their logo over the years. Although what they have now is a knockoff of the Eagles I do like it. I do like your wordmarks.

The logo's really interesting. I've been looking at it for quite a bit, and I can see the helmet and the hawk head, but it still looks sort of weird to me. Something looks odd to me, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. The jerseys look pretty good though. Maybe add a bit more black to the road. Good work though.

I don't know about using a hawk and a hawk helmet on that. I think if you use just the helmet only in the same position it is right now, it would be enough to resemble a warplane going on an attack run.

As far as the colors, the shades are good. However, I would rather see the purple or the black as the main color, with the other one as shading, and the silver as an outline.

Good work so far, as always.

• 1 month later...

I bump this thread because I've finally gotten around to touching the hawk up...mainly, I wanted to improve the hawk head's look, though I also needed to add another wing to the helmet when it stands alone. I did not change either wordmark (which, if you're watching the D3 title game right now, is pretty much itself a modification of the one already on their jerseys). so without further ado...version 2 of my Warhawks logo set

WarhawksLogos2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Is that bird wearing a bird on its head?

It's not bad... you've done better, but these jerseys especially look pretty good.

yup, more or less...a hawk wearing a helmet shaped like a hawk, to emphasize the warrior hawk concept.

2016cubscreamsig.png

That primary just doesn't look right, I'm sorry. The first thing that I noticed was that it looks like the top bird is humping the bottom bird's head.

You also mentioned that your logo is like an Eagles ripoff. I'll admit it is a ripoff, but it looks more like the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit:

SAG_1648.gif

stoneraizersig.jpg

That primary just doesn't look right, I'm sorry. The first thing that I noticed was that it looks like the top bird is humping the bottom bird's head.

You also mentioned that your logo is like an Eagles ripoff. I'll admit it is a ripoff, but it looks more like the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit:

SAG_1648.gif

Go Spirit!

Anyway, I like the updated hawk with the outstreched wings. I don't know about the hawk wearing a hawk thing you got going on. I will say that it is a very unique idea.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

the primary logo is a hawk wearing a helmet...that's forged to resemble a hawk. hope that makes sense to you.

:therock:

As Discrimi-tastic as always :D

There's a bit of ancient civilisation feel to the bird-styled helmet.

liverpool-1.png

I'm glad someone else said it, I thought I was going to have to mention it and sound like a pervert.

I'm glad it's not a Rorschach Inkblot, they might lock me up.

It looks like the old Atlanta Falcon was getting jiggy with Tweety in the moonlight.

I don't understand why the eagle is wearing a helmet.

Were Warhawks the sort of bird that wore helmets?

Is there a way of drawing a Hawk so it represents the War aspect of the name better?

The second wing on the secondary makes for a updated 'old-Atlanta-Falcons' look.

And I like that.

The Wordmarks are good too.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

heh, for what it's worth, the "Warhawks" reference used to be to Indians. heck, I thought about throwing in an arrowhead as a tertiary logo somewhere cus the logo used before we changed from an Indian mascot to a hawk mascot (around 1974 IIRC) was of an upward-pointing arrowhead featuring an Indian holding up a spear.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived