Blue Jackets Concept

phayze

First off: I know some of these ideas aren't exactly new or original (putting stars on the bottom trim, star-flag logo, etc.), but they work, and I used them to create the best look for the team in my opinion. Also, I know I missed the Jackets concept trend by several months, but I'm slow ok.

One of the reasons I decided to do them is because I really don't like their current look ('cept for the alt), so I kept the same modern yet retro feel they have going on, and changed it up a bit.

I kept the alternate pretty much the same except for some added stars, the socks, logo, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting.

All the stars have the same 3d effect that the primary logo does, but since they're so small you can't really see it. Here is a close up shot.

jackets.png

Untitled-1.png

Well you're right, this is a better looking concept! I just love it! The template, the colors, everything fits. The only thing that i'm questionning tough, is the numbers on the shoulders; i don't hate it, it's different, but..... By the way, i have a question, do you know, or anybody knows the reson for the knickname 'Blue Jackets'?

Really nice man, I love the star/Ohio flag logo more than any otherlogo in the NHL. My only remark is the grey on the blur jersey needs to be toned down since grey isn't one of their main colors, I'd try it with white but they still look awesome, 9.9 out of 10

Well you're right, this is a better looking concept! I just love it! The template, the colors, everything fits. The only thing that i'm questionning tough, is the numbers on the shoulders; i don't hate it, it's different, but..... By the way, i have a question, do you know, or anybody knows the reson for the knickname 'Blue Jackets'?

Blue Jackets, hmm...a NBC Baseball Team from my town is named the Bluejackets. Here it means a guy in the navy, really the team was named after our team in the 40's named the bluejackets. a bluejacket is supposed to mean someone who works in our navyyard in my town. about 60% of our towns population works there.

By the way, i have a question, do you know, or anybody knows the reson for the knickname 'Blue Jackets'?

The Blue Jackets name pays homage to Ohio's contributions to American history and the great pride and patriotism exhibited by its citizens, especially during the Civil War as both the state of Ohio and the city of Columbus were significantly influential on the Union Army. Ohio contributed more of its population to the Union Army than any other state, while many of the uniforms worn by the Union soldiers were manufactured in Columbus.

''taken from sportsenclopedia"

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Really nice man, I love the star/Ohio flag logo more than any otherlogo in the NHL. My only remark is the grey on the blur jersey needs to be toned down since grey isn't one of their main colors, I'd try it with white but they still look awesome, 9.9 out of 10

I actually tried to tone down the red and make grey one of their primaries. I don't really know why other then I think blue/grey looks better.

I like this a lot. They look nice, good job. The alt does have a lot of stars, but I think I like that.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on the alt. I spent way more time on the primaries and just put that in the set because people would want an alt.

Untitled-1.png

The only thing I would change would be to cut the stars out of the primaries to make the alt stand out more as an alt. And while I think the gray looks good, it actually has some significance in the civil war theme of the team name. It might look better if you incorporated more gray in the home uniform. But these are just nitpicks, really. This is far superior to what Colubus puts out on the ice. Very impressive.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Well, black and navy don't go together at all. I realize the Jackets do this, and many people like those jerseys. I, for one, really find them to be ugly. I like the bug logo personally. As far as your jerseys go, it might be overboard with the stars. There's teams called the Stars and the Capitals who already use stars(well, the Caps used to), so maybe limit the number of stars you use. Ikind of miss the neon green. I'd like to see a concept try to utilize the neon green a little more than completely do away with it. It's different, too many teams use navy and red(in general, not just the NHL). I like what you've done, but I think the neon green needs to be there to differentiate the Jackets form the rest of the sports world. I also like the red pants they have now.

As far as your jerseys go, it might be overboard with the stars. There's teams called the Stars and the Capitals who already use stars(well, the Caps used to), so maybe limit the number of stars you use.

The stars and colors are largely based on Ohio's state flag, which has 17 stars on it (Ohio was the 17th state IIRC) and is red, white and blue. It's also a tie-in to the Union troops in the Civil War (and the Indian chief). Columbus is also a state capital. I realize that league-wide these are flimsy justifications for using stars, given that there are teams in many other state and provincial capitals, and a team in the American and Canadian national capitals... but there you have it. I'm not defending it, I am just explaining it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really like these unis. I always liked the Blue Jackets Ohio flag logo better than the CBJ or whatever it is. The last shouldn't have stars it just doesn't look right with that logo. Nevermind that last sentence, I have no clue what I was thinking. I watch the Blue Jackets a lot on FSN Ohio and I've noticed they do need some sort of uniform adjustment. Other than that, great uniforms and Go Blue Jackets!

Archived