Simple NCAA Uniform Sets

DG_ThenNowForever

Looking over the latest uniforms for Va Tech, Miami, Oregon, Florida, Bowling Green, and others, I wanted to ask how many schools left use just two uniforms -- home and away, with no alts, no monochromes, no nothing.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:

Ohio State

Penn Sate

Michigan

Oklahoma

UCLA

USC

Nebraska

Georgia

Stanford

BYU

Army

Navy

I'm positive there are more I simply overlooked. I probably got some of these wrong. What are those that I missed?

And for the record, this isn't a condemnation of alternate jerseys or a yearning for simpler times. Oregon and Miami are trying their hardest to never wear the same uniform twice in a season, and I salute them on their journey.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Texas

Washington

LSU

Mississippi State (though they may have done a monochrome)

Florida State - but I'd say they are a lot moresimple than 97% of the schools

UVA

Purdue (since the gold is gone)

Minnesota

Georgia Tech

Iowa

Kansas State

Air Force

NC State (perhaps monochrome, can't remember)

UNC

Alabama

Auburn

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Florida State has worn red (what do they call it?) and gold pants this season, and they've definitely been monochrome in the past. I've seen UNC all blue, haven't I? I also think K State has been all purple, but I could be confused about that.

But still, out of 117 D-1 programs, that only a handful of schools wear just two uniforms says a lot. I'm just not sure what.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Florida State has worn red (what do they call it?) and gold pants this season, and they've definitely been monochrome in the past.  I've seen UNC all blue, haven't I?  I also think K State has been all purple, but I could be confused about that. 

But still, out of 117 D-1 programs, that only a handful of schools wear just two uniforms says a lot.  I'm just not sure what.

I've never seen K-State in all purple...I don't think they even own purple pants. Florida State has been all garnet, but it's rare. UNC has been all blue, but that's even more rare. I thought you were just talking about this year and maybe last year...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Florida State has worn red (what do they call it?) and gold pants this season, and they've definitely been monochrome in the past.  I've seen UNC all blue, haven't I?  I also think K State has been all purple, but I could be confused about that. 

But still, out of 117 D-1 programs, that only a handful of schools wear just two uniforms says a lot.  I'm just not sure what.

I've never seen K-State in all purple...I don't think they even own purple pants. Florida State has been all garnet, but it's rare. UNC has been all blue, but that's even more rare. I thought you were just talking about this year and maybe last year...

UNC has given up on the all-blues. White pants with the home blues, blue or white pants with the road white jerseys.

And I don't remember NC State wearing monochromes recently, but they have broken out the all-reds every now and again.

Never seen K-State in purple pants, either.

UVA hasn't gone monochrome navy recently, and they haven't broken out an orange alt.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm not sure what is qualifying as simple. But here is a list of schools that have one home and one away uni. No change of pants. Just a change in tops from color to white:

This could be a pretty confusing list. But I'll do the SEC:

Georgia:

UT hasn't worn orange pants this season so they count.

Auburn

Alabama

LSU

Michigan needs a yellow alt. Also I don't believe that the new Washington State set or Nothern Illinois has a monochrome or alt.

I think there is a fashion Jersey maize alt For the Wolverine's.

I know washington has worn purple pants on the road last year, but not sure if they have this year, I know vs. AirForce they wore gold pants with white. Another to add from the Pac 10

Arizona State

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Florida State has worn red (what do they call it?) and gold pants this season, and they've definitely been monochrome in the past. I've seen UNC all blue, haven't I? I also think K State has been all purple, but I could be confused about that.

But still, out of 117 D-1 programs, that only a handful of schools wear just two uniforms says a lot. I'm just not sure what.

K State only has one set of pants

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Michigan needs a yellow alt. Also I don't believe that the new Washington State set or Nothern Illinois has a monochrome or alt.

I think there is a fashion Jersey maize alt For the Wolverine's.

Yes, there are maize fashion jerseys. Please tell me you were kidding when you said they should actually wear these. Michigan has some of the best, and most traditional uniforms in all of sports. They should never change (and yes, I realize that their road unis have changed a few times)

http://www.footballfanatics.com/images/pro...06491982890.jpg

-Rob Roy

Florida Atlantic also only has one pant (white) to wear with either a navy or white jersey. North Carolina now only wears the white pants if I'm not mistaken. NC State wore all red against Virginia Tech, who actually would have only two sets if not for their revolution jerseys.

Archived