Toronto Jaguars

Le Québécois

In the same optic of the new designs that' I've post in here recently, I give you the Toronto Jaguars...

I sincerely don' t remeber where the logo,s from. It's been in my computer for a couple of years. Maybe somebody might recognize it...

Enjoy,

as always, Ms Paint eand you C and C are welcome as always...

jaguars.png

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

QUOTE]that's a jaguar?

It's true...

But then...

tnAMois09.JPG

this is an alouette (not very much red-whot and blue)

Padre%20Pio%20websize.jpg

This is a Padre

73.gif

and so on and so on...

The Jaguar in my concept was pretty much cartoonish. That we all agree... But I guess if you look all around the sports community, you'll find some logos that don't fit with the teams name or that the colors don't match reality....

here's a last one...

what is a canuck?

a super hero?

captain_canuck-slide.jpg

a plane build by Avro in the 60's?

canuck5.jpg

another canadian super hero?

Johnny-Canuck-2b.jpg

nope... according to designers in Vancoucver, a canuck has been a hockey stick on an ice rink, then a giant yellow and red ''V'' on a blck sweater that looks like a pyjama I had in the 70's, then some stylish skate in a circle, and then...

a killer whale of some sort...

29.gif

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

but still, that looks like a panther. jaguars have spots.

according to your logic, the georgia bulldogs and phoenix coyotes could just as easily swap logos, because a dog is a dog.

yes. of course a coyote is a dog.

what'd you think it was? a cat? a bird? a reptile? :)

and i stand semi-corrected, on that jags can be black... but note, that link you gave me says "Even though Orson's coat looks solid black, if you look closely you'll see his black spots." :P

but note, that link you gave me says "Even though Orson's coat looks solid black, if you look closely you'll see his black spots."
yes. of course a coyote is a dog.

You honor, I stand corrected on both cases...

But if I may add, as you recall on exhibit A your honor, I plead not guilty for the logo itself...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Light blue script "J" paired with lowercase block white letters outlined in red.

:blink: ?!

As for the "is it or isn't it" debate, we all realize that larks (alouettes) aren't red/silver/blue. But when someone thinks of a jaguar, they usually think of spots. An all-black predatory cat makes me think "panther" first.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

In the same optic of the new designs that' I've post in here recently, I give you the Toronto Jaguars...

I sincerely don' t remeber where the logo,s from. It's been in my computer for a couple of years. Maybe somebody might recognize it...

Enjoy,

as always, Ms Paint eand you C and C are welcome as always...

jaguars.png

your logo looks like something that would come from these guys...

http://www.jamnart.com/

I have seen some of their stuff showing up here of late. Not positive this is where yours is from but looks close to their style.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I've always thought that Canuck logo with the 'C' and what you call a killer whale is actually a bomber airplane...like you mentioned. Are you sure it is supposed to be a whale and not a plane?

First, I doubt very much that this would be for a bomber plane since we don't have such a plane in our air force in Canada. We do a few sling shots in case of invasion but that's all there is...

And if one day you go to Vancouver like I did a few times, you'll see that people there worship the killerwhale. You can see references about it everywhere. In souvenirs boutiques and all touristic places...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

yeah. the canucks logo is definately a killer whale.

the mascot is a whale. the souvenirs have whales... the owners of the team, when the logo was unveiled (not sure if they still own them), was ORCA bay...

it's definately a whale.

Archived