Army-Navy

bhambruiser

This gets away from what we're talking about, but what's stirring about the Army-Navy game is when the national anthem is played and they stand at attention, saluting. My heart was really going pitter-pat watching that.
it's just a great rivalry all around and it puts things in perspective

16le.png

13be.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

This gets away from what we're talking about, but what's stirring about the Army-Navy game is when the national anthem is played and they stand at attention, saluting. My heart was really going pitter-pat watching that.
it's just a great rivalry all around and it puts things in perspective

11sb.gif

13be.png

BEAT%20NAVY%20BUTTON.jpg

I'm really happy that Army decided (or maybe Bobby Ross) to go to the current uniforms that they have. The uniforms they had previous were not as retro, and just not as nice overall.

And even better than the National Anthem, the Alma Matars for each Academy at the end of them games...sweetness.

What exactly do the patches represent?  I figure they signify the player's rank in the military, but I just want to know for sure.

The patches are sent to the academies by different squadrons. PLayers pick one (seniors get two) to put on their uniform.

Here is an interesting article on it.

Thanks a lot...great article!

AM.gif

Archived