Buy or Sell ATH Style!

Nick 1733

Sell -- some force will keep it afloat. At least for 11 years. :-p

Buy or sell the media and/or a company hyping an athlete -- olympic or otherwise -- before they prove themselves in the arena that they're hyping.

philly.png

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buy- don't see why thats not happening yet

Buy or Sell? Shaun Alexander in the monochrome blue next season?

It's tempting to say buy, but I'll take the field on this one. There's gonna be some team desperate for a RB that will overpay for him, no matter what Seattle's offer is. Jacksonville or Arizona are two candidates to do just that.

Buy or Sell: The Florida Marlins will lose more games than the 1962 Mets.

It's tempting to say buy, but I'll take the field on this one. There's gonna be some team desperate for a RB that will overpay for him, no matter what Seattle's offer is. Jacksonville or Arizona are two candidates to do just that.

Buy or Sell: The Florida Marlins will lose more games than the 1962 Mets.

Sell-If the 2003 Tigers couldn't do it, these guys won't (which isn't to say they won't lose 100+ games this year-they just won't lose 123).

Buy or Sell-capless NFL in 2007?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Buy or Sell-capless NFL in 2007?

Sell. And this is as a fan, I would hate to see this happen. The last thing i want to see is my favorite sport going the way of Major League Baseball where it's always the same 4 teams at the top, and then all the rest.

Buy or Sell: Finland winning the Gold Medal over Sweden and finishing with a perfect record.

6uXNWAo.png

I'll buy it. Don't know how they gelled so quickly, but this has been one dominant team. And they're doing it with a lot of luck (Nittimaki's been awfully lucky that offensive players haven't been in the right spots), and their third choice in goalie.

Buy or Sell: Los Angeles getting an NFL team (Other than USC) in the next 10 years.

Buy or Sell: Los Angeles getting an NFL team (Other than USC) in the next 10 years.

Buy.

But...the chances of it lasting 10 years? Sell.

B or S? NO California teams make the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Buy.

But...the chances of it lasting 10 years? Sell.

Buy. I hate to say it, but I think San Jose is going to catch and pass Edmonton and get into the playoffs and eventually be the 7 or 8 seed in the west.

Buy or Sell: The Dallas Mavericks winning the West.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm gonna sell. The NW quartet (Calgary, Vancouver, Colorado, Edmonton) will beat up on each other, which will help San Jose or Los Angeles bypass one of the four.

Buy or Sell: UGA winning the SEC in football in 2006.

Buy or Sell: The Dallas Mavericks winning the West.

Gonna sell this one....as the old saying goes, "defense wins championships."...and that's something the Mavericks have yet to grasp. They're basically basketball's version of the St. Louis Rams. The Mavs will make the West Finals, but that's where it ends, thanks to the blander-than-bland San Antonio Spurs (who do play a little D).

Buy or Sell: UGA winning the SEC in football in 2006.

Hmmm....I'll buy this. The Dawgs have a pretty solid team. If they get a QB to replace the now-departed Shockley, they got as much of a chance as anyone in the SEC East.

=============================

Buy or Sell: The Atlanta Hawks will make the playoffs again before the New York Knicks.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Sell. The difference between Atlanta and New York is that the Knicks are more likely to attract the players needed in order for them to make a playoff run. New York is still New York, no matter how bad the Knicks are struggling. The Hawks, on the other hand, are going to keep bringing in young players and letting them go three years later, which is never a formula for winning in the NBA.

Buy or sell-The Yankees will eventually catch and break the Braves' record for consecutive division championships.

Sell. Trust me, one of these years the Skankees will slip up and either Boston or Toronto will take advantage of their mistake.

Buy or Sell: Vince Young NOT being the Number 1 overall pick because of his crappy Wonderlic test score.

Sell. Trust me, one of these years the Skankees will slip up and either Boston or Toronto will take advantage of their mistake.

Buy or Sell: Vince Young NOT being the Number 1 overall pick because of his crappy Wonderlic test score.

sell... he wasnt gunna be the number 1 pick no matter wut he scored on that test.

buy or sell...the jets trade up to get matt lienart

Buy. Because, you rule!

Buy or Sell anyone giving a rats ass about the Phillies this year.

Buy... because there's nothing else to hold my attention this summer, and because I have a rat's ass left over that I didn't give for the 76ers this winter.

BUY OR SELL: Greg Oden winds up getting some time for Team USA in Beijing come 2008.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Buy. Just because there has to still be some countries that the U.S. can beat by 30 easily.

Buy or Sell: "Bloody Thursday" is the next Y2K, a forthcoming event that becomes much ado about nothing.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

By or Sell: "Bloody Thursday" is the next Y2K, a forthcoming event that becomes much ado about nothing.

I have no cluse what this Bloody Thursday thing is, but if its anything like Y2K, it's probably BS.

Buy or Sell: The Lakers making the playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

A definite buy. As of right now, it looks like the only team capable of tracking down the Lakers is Utah, and they're a team with a few flaws. Look for Kobe Bryant not only to personally will his team to the playoffs, but also climb all the way up to steal the #6 seed and also upset Denver (the projected #3 seed).

Buy or sell: Though both teams play very different schedules, baseball should give the league champion with the best record and/or the best seed the home field advantage in the World Series.

Archived