Thanks for wasting our time ole miss

animator

http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/midsouth_news...2292032,00.html

Article recap:

? University of Mississippi officials on Tuesday delayed an online election for students, dues-paying alumni and others to choose a new look for the Colonel Rebel mascot.

? The athletics committee was "not enthusiastic" about any of the three proposed new looks that were to be put up for a vote, said Jeff Alford, assistant vice chancellor of university relations.

He said the committee _ made up of athletes, faculty, alumni and staff _ asked artists to tweak their drawings before the three proposals would go to the online vote, but committee members still were not satisfied after changes were made.

? Alford described the three proposed finalists as "race neutral" _ one had blue skin, one had gray and one had red. The school colors are blue and red. Alford said one of the three finalists was a motorcycle rider, one bore a resemblance to the advertising icon Mr. Clean and one was a bearded, athletic looking man.

wait for it..............................................................................

................................................................................

...............I TOLD YA!

Milwaukee City Flag Contest...........part deux!

This b*tch will be swept under the rug and ignored so fast you won't believe it.  Contest?  What contest?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Exactly....We knew it.

Too many cooks in the kitchen who don't know what the hell they're even trying to make. Someone should step up and make a decision. Some administration. Other schools have had controversies, but ultimately changed for the better. Miami of Ohio comes to mind. Some school presidents & athletic directors get it, some don't. These guys don't, and because of rediculous pressure, they never will.

I'd love for all of us to send them an invoice for the time wasted, just to make a point. Did anyone here get contacted? Beside those who posted already, did anyone else submit? Perhaps Animator could post all of our submissions. Let's see if we can get as many of the 315 as we can.

yea, bummer...  i was one of the three (beard guy).  we (ole miss and i) tweaked the design i posted a few weeks ago, but as you've read, they felt it wasn't exactly what they wanted.  who knows, maybe they can decide what they're really after and we can all go from there.  i have no hard feelings, it is disappointing, but work goes on.

thereblas, i was thinking of your first post on this that got me involved in the contest.  thanks for the heads up, maybe next time...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

no contract forbidding it, but i may wait a short time (in case it flip-flops back around).  i posted it a few weeks ago, but it has changed quite a bit from the original.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I agree this is dumb... but please... please... stop making a new thread every time Ole Miss makes another mistake... everything under the original heading of "Ole Miss Contest" would've attracted everybody who cares and nobody who doesn't. Please don't be offended, but also please heed my advice... it allows for more material to stay on the first page where people will read them... important but less response-invoking threads like Webdav's September Challenge fall off the map and must be continually bumped, a necessary evil.

Thank you for understanding, and also thank you for keeping us up to the minute on the Col. Reb situation.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What makes this so surprising for me is that Mississippi ordinarily does such a fine job with running its public schools.

. . . . . . . . . (projects coffee through his nose at high velocity attempting to stifle raucous laughter) . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for doing the extra submissions postings! I'll bet we'll have quite a few before the next few days are up. I think Greg Malek's entry is prettydarnnice.

Mine aren't earth-shattering, but look digitized on-screen. Could be since I sent you a gif file, the indexed colors freaked out when resized. Did you need another file as RGB jpeg?

• LMU locked this topic

Archived