Oregon Ducks!

Grish

I agree with the comments that the road is too black dominant. But, I must say that the resurrection of Donald is the one thing that I want Oregon to do above anything else.

VmWIn6B.png

is it still considered a drop shadow, if it goes upward and back? :)

not bad... but i agree. the green/black isn't equal from home/road... and i'm not a fan of the reverse upsidedown drop shadow.

Yes I like Donald better the the Oakley "O" ripoff...

It's not an Oakley "O" ripoff. First, go find a seating chart of Autzen Stadium. Does the shape look familiar? It should, because it's the same shape as the outer line of the Oregon "O" and also, remember Steve Prefontaine, one of the greatest runners of all time? The negative space inside the Autzen-shaped "O" is the shape of the track on which he ran. Do a little research before you call a great design a "ripoff." :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's not an Oakley "O" ripoff. First, go find a seating chart of Autzen Stadium. Does the shape look familiar? It should, because it's the same shape as the outer line of the Oregon "O" and also, remember Steve Prefontaine, one of the greatest runners of all time? The negative space inside the Autzen-shaped "O" is the shape of the track on which he ran. Do a little research before you call a great design a "ripoff." :D

Tempest, down boy...

I know the O is for the Autzen Stadium.. However, most people are not going to research the origin of the O and it is very similar to the Oakley "O" you must admit....

Second... It was in jest because they first time they showed the helmets in Hawaii during one of Oregon's Bowl games, the announcers even made comment on the O and it looking like a brand of Sunglasses... It is just one of those off color comments from an announcer that I remember.

So there you have my comment... sorry if it offended you or the U of O...

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Tempest, down boy...

I know the O is for the Autzen Stadium.. However, most people are not going to research the origin of the O and it is very similar to the Oakley "O" you must admit....

Second... It was in jest because they first time they showed the helmets in Hawaii during one of Oregon's Bowl games, the announcers even made comment on the O and it looking like a brand of Sunglasses... It is just one of those off color comments from an announcer that I remember.

So there you have my comment... sorry if it offended you or the U of O...

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

i like oregon's jersey set as it is already (minus those eye sores "futuristics")

but this concept is a move in the right direction, if they are looking to change

the jerseys are both respectable and tolerable (especially for sight)

the only problem is the black i hate black PERIOD

wouldn't mind seeing a yellow jersey though

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

black has never been, and never will be (except for that one horrible night last november) a true part of the University of Oregon athletic apparel- take this from a current student at UO.

As for having donald back up there, make sure you pay Disney for that design - the university would have to pay through the nose to have that on football unis, and besides, nobody here at UO wants a cartoon character as our logo - pretty much all of the student body and a great deal of the alumni all like the new O design.

Tempest, thank you for defending our O - not many people do realize that the outer edge is Autzen and that the inner ring is Hayward Field. It's really what makes the logo unique and more than "just an O". It really does a fantastic job of uniting the traditions and heritige of Oregon Duck athletics into one design. So those of you who think it's "just an O" please, stop bashing on it - it really is unique and has special significance to those of us who attend, will attend, and have attended, the University of Oregon.

How many posts am I going to have to say that in before people get it?

OD_Signature.jpg

So those of you who think it's "just an O" please, stop bashing on it - it really is unique and has special significance to those of us who attend, will attend, and have attended, the University of Oregon.

How can I stop when I am a U of Wa grad....

For those who want less black and a yellow I am working on that part of it.. Next week some time it will be done...

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

and besides, nobody here at UO wants a cartoon character as our logo - pretty much all of the student body and a great deal of the alumni all like the new O design.

thats a crock. the people in eugene go crazy for donald. thats why its on every store window in town. thats why people at the games are still sporting kelly green. i worked at a screen printer that did pay disney through the nose for the likeness. why would a small business pay that much money so they could pay a bunch of people to make a bunch of shirts that nobody buys because "pretty much all of the student body and a great deal of the alumni" ll like the O. you obviously need to pay more attention around eugene. the students wear a lot of "O" gear, mainly because theyre spoiled brats and need the brand name and the coolest stuff. nike is considered that and the u of o is nikes most loyal b*tch.

I never really knew that the O had that kind of significance. I always liked it as the Oregon primary logo, but now that I know the story behind it, I like it even more. Go PRE! :D

That being said, the O should remain on the helmets. I like the rest of the concept, except for the use of black on the away set. The black sleeves are OK I guess, but the pants really need to be green or yellow. Other than that, good work. The concept is different without being too over the top.

AM.gif

and besides, nobody here at UO wants a cartoon character as our logo - pretty much all of the student body and a great deal of the alumni all like the new O design.

thats a crock. the people in eugene go crazy for donald. thats why its on every store window in town. thats why people at the games are still sporting kelly green. i worked at a screen printer that did pay disney through the nose for the likeness. why would a small business pay that much money so they could pay a bunch of people to make a bunch of shirts that nobody buys because "pretty much all of the student body and a great deal of the alumni" ll like the O. you obviously need to pay more attention around eugene. the students wear a lot of "O" gear, mainly because theyre spoiled brats and need the brand name and the coolest stuff. nike is considered that and the u of o is nikes most loyal b*tch.

are you living in eugene? because I am and I see the O on more windows, cars, and apparel than the disney duck - donald is an aging relic that is fading away rapidly - i don't know a single person at the school who likes the donald logo - take it from a current student.

OD_Signature.jpg

are you living in eugene? because I am and I see the O on more windows, cars, and apparel than the disney duck - donald is an aging relic that is fading away rapidly - i don't know a single person at the school who likes the donald logo - take it from a current student.

Yes i am living in eugene. have for three years. current students dont matter. i think we've discussed it on these boards before. there will be many things students look back on from their college days, and be rather ashamed of. yes, i see a lot of "O"s on cars in town, but as painted windows in shops, its donald. why do you think we sold so many shirts? go down west 11th, or franklin, or river road. people love the duck in this town. i dont think it should go on the helmet, but i witnessed roboduck, and ive never seen this town get so pissed. the kids love donald, the students love donald, and the alumni loves donald. he is the u of o. as much as it pains you, you'll just have to wait and see. as for not knowing a single person at the school who likes donald, youre probaly hanging with the wrong crowd. and about the "aging relic that is rapidly fading away"....what are you, indiana jones? who talks like that?

Archived