Hartford Whaler logo in NHL 06

hoosier57

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good holiday. I got NHL 06 for Christmas and there is mode where you can play the original NHL 94 game. Anyway, I was scrolling throgh the teams and I came acroos the Whalers. The logo looked like a navy C or H with a sort of siver blade to the left. Has anybody else seen this? (I can't find any pictures.)

ny_mets.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have. They're called the "Hartford Hurricanes"...because the NHL doesn't own the Whalers logos, so EA had to make a logo up. That's the result.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I got NHL 06 last week, and yeah, I noticed that too. It's an interesting logo I guess, just a large C outside of a smaller H. Its kinda cool they threw a retro version of NHL on the game, but I don't like that the use fake players in it. I remember the Kings and Blackhawks being loaded on those games.

6uXNWAo.png

I think NHL 2k6 has the real Hartford logo, but I may have to check again.

NEVER BUY EA!!!

It doesn't, nothing can without an ensuing lawsuit. It does have a cool Dream Team called the 2khockey.nets....which I helped (mostly) create...even thought those guys short shafted me on the credit...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

NEVER BUY EA!!!

why not? they make some of the best sports games. i have only bought one 2k sports game and i didnt like it as much as i have EA games.

EA has a monopoly on the football gaming market, as well with the PGA, NASCAR, FIFA, and they are trying to get the NHL and the NBA. NFL 2k5 is TWENTY times better than Madden 06, but because of EA, 2k can't make a NFL, NCAA, or even AFL game.

EA Sports: When in doubt, Buy 'em out!

NFL 2k5 is TWENTY times better than Madden 06

Ummm....no. No it isn't. Madden is so far superior it's ridiculous.

Ah, yeah, yeah it is. Get off the EA hype machine and look at a real sports game made by SEGA/2K Sports. THeir hockey is the best, their football is the best (thus the reason EA bought the exclusive NFL licence), basketball again the best.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

NFL 2k5 is TWENTY times better than Madden 06

Ummm....no. No it isn't. Madden is so far superior it's ridiculous.

Ah, yeah, yeah it is. Get off the EA hype machine and look at a real sports game made by SEGA/2K Sports. THeir hockey is the best, their football is the best (thus the reason EA bought the exclusive NFL licence), basketball again the best.

The NFL was looking for one company to sell to, EA didn't go to the NFL, the NFL came to EA.

Sure, that's what they TRY and make you believe. EA didn't go to the NCAA and AFL either. They ALL wanted only one video game licence and chose EA, yeah, right.

Stop eating up EA's crap with a spoon...

SHaMROCK

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

NEVER BUY EA!!!

why not? they make some of the best sports games. i have only bought one 2k sports game and i didnt like it as much as i have EA games.

EA has a monopoly on the football gaming market, as well with the PGA, NASCAR, FIFA, and they are trying to get the NHL and the NBA. NFL 2k5 is TWENTY times better than Madden 06, but because of EA, 2k can't make a NFL, NCAA, or even AFL game.

EA Sports: When in doubt, Buy 'em out!

Ah, yes. I especially like how they never fixed the players running like they have sticks in their asses. Plus the create-a-team sucks, every uniform they made makes me want to puke. Madden's game play is much better. Plus, on Madden I can make my custom league with 32 teams and not have a problem.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You know, customized teams can only go so far, sometimes you actually have to play the game. That's where madden fails. The graphics are subpar even on the Xbox 360 to 2k5, and it's either pass five-hundred yards, or be a :censored: to the computer or the cheesing player beside you. Based on my stats from VIP in 2k5, I average 210 passing yards, and 125 rushing yards a game. On three games of madden, I averaged 350 yards passing, and 45 yards rushing.

That's a big difference people.

The worst part though, is not all the glitches, but you people who still buy madden. Don't you feel that it's been the same game since at least 2004, but with only minor "upgrades," such as flashlight football and superstar mode? I thought gameplay and graphics were key for many players, but it seems that create-a-fan was a much needed addition.

When the contracts were up, the NFL was still willing to give out contracts to every company, but EA knew that if VC kept on with lower prices and great additions every year, EA would lose much more ground to 2kx. That's when EA presured the NFL to go exclusive, and with the AFL and NCAA. If you really don't believe me (about EA striking first), look at the NCAA. They gave EA the exclusive rights to their brand of football, but they let VC and EA do NCAA Hoops. If the NCAA wanted to give exclusive rights, they would of done it for all sports.

When ESPN's brand goes to EA next year, it won't look like an ESPN broadcast, all you'll see is a ticker at the bottem giving scores from real life. That's it, and they wasted millions of dollars just to put a ticker at the bottom.

EA dosen't care about the fans, they care about your money, and since you're blind to that fact, madden will still be minor upgrades, it will still be a waste of your money, and they will pull from the pc just to get you to play the console version.

Now my rant is done for the moment...

I miss the Hartford Whalers :cry:

Archived