Jays new 2004 uniforms

CC97

Even though they made a big mistkae creating this new crap, they shouldn't switch back to the old ones...they should switch to the WS championship uniforms.

AMEN.  The T-Bird was a bad idea, and worse because they went with it for ONE STINKIN' YEAR.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

How ironic that there is currently a poll on this board that is concerned with finding the worst uniforms in sports history. Stop the tabulating! A "dark horse" candidate (Or, should I say "dark-GREY horse candidate"?) has entered the field.

These uniforms are pure crap. CRAP! CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!

If the BLUE Jays (no matter what their new jerseys and press releases might say) had wanted crap like this, then they should have bought a goose. They should have brought that goose to SkyDome. SkyDome security would have asked, "Excuse me... is that a goose?" Blue Jays' officials would have replied, "Why yes... yes, it is a goose." Then the Blue Jays' marketing types could have pulled a fungo bat out of the bat-rack... and BEATEN THE GOOSE WITH IT!!! Soon, everyone would have been covered in goose $h1t, which is also known as... CRAP!!!

This is proof positive that anyone, in any business, can produce plenty of crap. Hey, I produced a big, steaming bowl of it this morning. I'm looking at it right now. Now, I'm looking at the Blue Jays' new logo and unis. Bowl... Uniforms; Uniforms... Bowl. Bowl... Uniforms... Logo... CRAP!!!

Hey... Ontario: Please welcome your entry in Major League Baseball's American League... the Toronto CRAP Jays.

I believe that I have made my point.

Brian in Boston

When I was a kid, the local AA team here in Knoxville was the Knoxville Blue Jays, owned by the parent team. at that time (late 80's-early 90's) our players wore the same home uniforms as the big club, with teh aways saying "Knoxville" instead of "Toronto." Same color scheme, same hat, everything, so I guess I have a soft spot for those BLUE Jays uniforms, the ones they won the WS with.

B

Too MUCH, and too LITTLE, going on in this uniform. I, for the most part, liked what the BLUE Jays had going this year, and am not impressed with next years model...

With the "Jays" logo running up hill, the bird head looks like it's taking a dive!

Sad, just sad. All they really needed to do to the current set was lose the blue sleeves from the roads, and dump the blue sleeve home alternate for a red mirror version of the blue alternate. All would have been well.

The one positive note is that these new ones will probably be gone in five years...until then, though...UGH!

The more I see these, the more intensely I hate them. Wow I wish I could go on a rant directly to the Jays head office folks.

I didnt want to say anything, but those scripts remind me a lot of the scripts you designed for my Jays logo ??? especially the "Toronto" one

The font is similar admittedly, minus the bevel, minus the the head-J... and the "Blue"... and all the goodness.  :sniff:

All wrong... but great work in the info collection dept Chris... thanks for getting us the inside scoop so I can start my therapy sooner rather than later.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

dark ass gray? why? these would be at least tolerable if they stayed with the traditional gray everyone else uses. and theyre going with the same color pants to boot? Tha.....tha.....I think Im gonna go cry now.....

Now you know how I feel about all those wack, single-color NFL uniform combos.  It's just bad, people.  Admit it!

They would look better naked...This is coming from a heterosexual male.  They could wear the orlando thunder and the atlantic city broadwalk bully crap, even that duck 3rd jersey with the duck on steroids.  They could serioulsy dress like party boy...

In all joking aside, first SARS, now this....Poor Toronto, such a shame a great city has to be forced upon the crap that is these jerseys...

and sadly, the youth of the world will think it is "kewl"

Is it any wonder why I think very negative when any team announces a new look?  What the hell is going on?  I honestly don't know what these designers are thinking.  So much crap (you got it, BiB) is being taken straight from the sewer.

Chris, thanks for all of your detective work, but I am very sorry that your team has to go out on the field in those horrible get-ups.  It's such a shame.  :(

Contrary to everyone else, if there is one good thing coming out of these it's the graphite roads. I think it's great to see a team using it's own color as the road jersey, and making it be the whole uniform not just the pants.

I personally think every team needs to do one of these two things, though I realize it will never happen. In some cases it'd look bad if it happened, but it's the principals of these ideas I like.

-Have neutral colored jerseys, not team colors. For instance. The Cards use white in their logos. It's not a neutral color. So, If they had a cream home jersey and a grey road jersey, they would have neutral colored jerseys.

-Have team colored jerseys. The Jays, while looking attrocious in most parts of the uni, are a good example of this. They have white in their logo, so it's a team color. Therefore the home, white, unis are team colored. Graphite is also in the logos and is a team color. Therefore the road, graphite, jerseys are in a team color.

Like I said, in some cases it would look bad, and sometimes it's just not gonna happen, but I being consistency obsessed, like the principals behind it.

Maybe I've missed it, but are the road pants also going to be that graphite color?  Or is it just the road jerseys?

I can put up with it, if it's just the tops.  All-graphite wouldn't look very good at all.

The new number font is alright, I suppose, but I am really going to miss the "split" font they've had, in some form, since their inception.  That type style was always so distinctive.

All that said, I actually really like the logo and wordmark.

--Eriq.

Maybe I've missed it, but are the road pants also going to be that graphite color?  Or is it just the road jerseys?

Yes you missed it, the pants will be graphite as well.  I find it odd that their home caps will be this same colour, while the road caps will be black.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yes you missed it, the pants will be graphite as well.

Oh, dear.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of the comparisons to the following:

1) Thermal underwear

2) Flame-retardant toddler pajamas

3) Charcoal briquettes

4) Chimney sweeps

5) Ninjas

I'm in pain.

--Eriq.

Yes you missed it, the pants will be graphite as well.

Oh, dear.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of the comparisons to the following:

1) Thermal underwear

2) Flame-retardant toddler pajamas

3) Charcoal briquettes

4) Chimney sweeps

5) Ninjas

I'm in pain.

--Eriq.

You left out HazMat suits.

Hey, these duds aren't going to look any worse than the all-red Cleveland Indian uniforms of the late 70's.

Of course that's like saying getting mangled in a piece of industrial machinery is no worse than being struck by a window air conditioner that fell out of an 18th story apartment.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived