Jays new 2004 uniforms

CC97

Well in my month of asking around, and snapping a few photos, I have found out the 2004 Toronto Blue Jays jersey/cap combos, as well as their home/road/alt/bp jerseys, and the RGBs (no Pantones) of their unique colour scheme.

Here is my quick computer representation of their cap/jersey combos:

Jays2004.gif

And here is an actual photograph of their Home/BP/Road jerseys, font and back, notice the odd colours of the MLB tag:

Jays-front-opt.jpg

Jays-back-opt.jpg

Yes, that is the colour of their road jerseys.... no I didn't mix up the home and road caps... no there is no sleeve logo... yes the logo on the caps are that big... no there are no sleeve stripes... yes this is the final design AS OF THIS DATE (who knows if they change anytime between now and then).

The road jerseys will feature pants of the same colour, which will make for some odd looking uniforms... practically all-black.

Any questions?  Please ask!  I know lots about these things now (except for the pants striping)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Whenever I see these, I get teh distinctive feeling that I'm looking at Tampa Bay, (then again, the devil rays did have the jays # this season. If ya can't bet 'em, join em!) It'll take soe getting used to for me personally, I'm a fan of the look they used last season (I loved the red Canada Day uniforms). it'll be interseting to see how well they are recived by the fans

ok, I admit, the home and sunday jerseys do not look bad, but they just dont say "Blue Jays", knowhaimean?

the roads though......christ......toilet.giffaintthud.gifnonono2.gifpuke.gificon_smile_dead.gif

dark ass gray? why? these would be at least tolerable if they stayed with the traditional gray everyone else uses. and theyre going with the same color pants to boot? Tha.....tha.....I think Im gonna go cry now......

about the only thing they could have done worse was use brown!

i'll bet they're gonna regret this come summer :;):

Especially while playing in Arlington, or if they make the trek to Phoenix, San Diego, or Los Angeles this Interleague session

They won't have to worry about Phoenix! It's got a retracable roof!

I saw, I came, I left.

so those aways are really dark gray?  Interesting.  And by interesting I mean terrible.  Do the roads have front #s, but the homes don't?  Get some piping on those sleeves for crying out loud!  A thin black and a thin blue stripe would do.  Not a blue uni in the bunch.  Sad.  For a team called the blue jays to use mostly black is disgraceful.

Boy oh boy.  If the team wanted us to make all kinds of fantasy concepts, they didn't this monstrosity to get us going!

RIP Toronto BLUE Jays.  

Welcome Toronto/Canada Jays   :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

so those aways are really dark gray?  Interesting.  And by interesting I mean terrible.  Do the roads have front #s, but the homes don't?

I thought I answered all these questions with the pictures   :P

---

Chris Creamer

Slate is dumb color for a team to use, especially a team that doesn't even have it in their logo.  (As opposed to the regular gray that everybody uses.)

I prayed that the Jays didn't win the World Series this year so he won't have to stare at the red T-bird monstrosity for perpetuity.  Now that we have this gag reflex....

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The more I see these, the more intensely I hate them. Wow I wish I could go on a rant directly to the Jays head office folks.

I didnt want to say anything, but those scripts remind me a lot of the scripts you designed for my Jays logo   ???  especially the "Toronto" one

---

Chris Creamer

yuk, yuk, and yuk

Maybe they should just change their name to the "grays"...at least the uniforms are close enough to it.

Shouldn't the Jays be BLUE or something?

As least with all the past versions of the logos and uniforms, you knew is was Toronto. They had a unique font for the names and numbers..you didn't even need to see the fronts to know it was the Blue Jays.

This uniform has "Nike" written all over it, no matter what the tags say.

:P

Jim

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

wow... im not sure if words can express what I want to say right now... I may be one of the few but i like the new logo... however... Im not one of those "we need to see more Canadian in the logo" people but i miss the red... i loved the jays current colour scheme and like someone said when you saw the uniforms you knew it was the jays... this look reminds me of the Marlins for some reason... prolly the black-silver... but when it comes to the roads if they are going to go that dark why not just go with black and call it a day... ps i think a blue jersey could look sharp...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived