ESPN MNF

brinkeguthrie

i heard from Ken someone on WLWTTV Radio in Cincinatti that it was changing to Football on Monday Night....i think he also said the carnival type atmosphere is goin to change significantly....mainly he was talking about Damien Fleming's only chance at a hat-trick in Test Cricket when Warnie dropped the easiest of all cathes years ago

im happy with the current MNF commentators.....the ESPN guys annoy the hell out of me

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

the ESPN guys annoy the hell out of me

YESSSSS! Me too. They are horrible. You should never combine a Punter (Paul Maguire), a Quarterback (Joe Theismann), and some fat guy (Mike Patrick) in a football broadcasting booth ever. I'm sad they're keeping Theismann around.

Maybe just maybe it was just me, or maybe the hangover is sticking around and making me see stuff, but the ESPN crew's faces all seemed to be covered in a ridiculously obvious and large quantity of make up today. It was so funny, there faces looked like plastic.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Tonight is the last night of Sunday Night Football on ESPN...is it gone altogether or just moving to another station?

Isn't it moving to NBC?

Yes. Madden will be covering the games for NBC.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I wish Michaels and Madden wouldn't split up. I liked them together. I think Theisman is a bad choice for MNF, I can't stand him. Him and Michaels just don't seem like they will go together very well...we'll see.

Any idea's on who should be play-by-play for SNF on NBC? Even though I don't think he'll leave ESPN/ABC, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Tirico do it. I think him and Madden might be a good pair. Costas and Collinsworth will be doing the in-studio primetime show on NBC. Tonight was the last NFL Primetime with Boomer and Tom Jackson... I always thought they made a good pair.

they will keep primetime and just move it to monday dude

Chris Berman will not be doing Primetime anymore. And I assume TJ won't be doing it either. It will be a different format and I think I heard somewhere it won't even be live. I assume they will also keep the Monday Night Countdown they have now, when would Primetime air?

I'm assuming Berman will still be doing the halftime show for MNF though right?

What would we do without Joe "Horn-o-Plenty" and Curtis "My Favorite Martin"?

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

NBC had announced that before each Sunday Night game that they'll have an hour program that's simply called "NBC Sports", so think a free version of Sportscenter.

And I'm surprised that no one at all in any of the interviews has mentioned what the general public that DO NOT HAVE cable will do with their Monday nights. From any mention of that, it almost seemed like flatout arrogance to what they were doing to public television.

Nonetheless, Sunday Night Football should be fun, abided inevitably underwhelming.

GR30a5H.png

And I'm surprised that no one at all in any of the interviews has mentioned what the general public that DO NOT HAVE cable will do with their Monday nights. From any mention of that, it almost seemed like flatout arrogance to what they were doing to public television.

Nonetheless, Sunday Night Football should be fun, abided inevitably underwhelming.

That's because that portion of the population is very small. The switch affects few people. Personally, I don't know a single person who doesn't have cable or a dish. Plus, it's not like the balance of games on "broadcast" network games is changing. The Sunday night games that were on cable are now on broadcast. The Monday night games that were on broadcast are now on cable.

In related news, has anyone heard anything new about the new Thursday-Saturday package the NFL is negotiating? Last I heard Comcast/OLN were the frontrunners.

I hope Berman still does the Halftime show. But, I dont know. I just read an article that the pregame show on NBC will be called "Football Night in America." Still sounds kinda stupid to me.

Well the name "Sunday Night Football" was copyrighted I believe by ESPN. So I guess with this new name NBC is going for something like "Hockey Night in Canada." Doesn't have the same ring though.

It's kind of disappointing for me because I am one of those who don't have cable. I don't see any point in paying for it when I'm only gonna watch three channels anyway.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived