TSN's Pierre Mcguire

The Nation

i like mcguire... he knows his stuff and hes not biased... he was teh one that pointed out how bad the non-goal was.... anyone but team of cole and neil... its nothing but verbal felatio when the leafs are on HNIC...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The thing about Pierre McGuire is that he gets overexcited about the most simplest plays. And he calls any good player "a monster performer!" And he does this almost every five minutes. It's actually quite amusing.

You gotta here him at the NHL Entry Draft. Pretty much a giant suck-up to every team and an instant expert on every player.

I think he'd be Notorious AP's idol.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

i like mcguire... he knows his stuff and hes not biased... he was teh one that pointed out how bad the non-goal was.... anyone but team of cole and neil... its nothing but verbal felatio when the leafs are on HNIC...

i agree with this statement 110%

8prlQWA.png

i like mcguire... he knows his stuff and hes not biased... he was teh one that pointed out how bad the non-goal was....  anyone but team of cole and neil... its nothing but verbal felatio when the leafs are on HNIC...

i agree with this statement 110%

Me too.

I've listened to him on a couple of Canucks games on TSN and the first thing I noticed was that he talked about each team evenly, he complimented each side evely, and he was an exciting guy to listen to. I don't mind he gets excited easily because that's what we need MORE OF, guys getting EXCITED FOR HOCKEY and BIG PLAYS, there's too many commentators that are boring and un-excited, Pierre's good.

I think he may be a little biased (when the Russian player went down, it was a crime, but when Downey did it, it was Downey's "skill") but then again, on a Canadian channel in a Canadian game, do we really need unbiased announcing?

:flagcanada:

I love how TSN denied the Russian Hockey Federation people the tape for the goal... and said so on live TV. Brilliant!

...and the "Double Dion" call ranks among some of the greatest calls in the history of sports. The fact that McGuire gets so excited during the game is priceless and makes the game worth watching. Who was it in the third period who "became a man" when he fended off the Russian player in the corner in the Canadian end and retained possession of the puck? That was hilarious.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Who was it in the third period who "became a man" when he fended off the Russian player in the corner in the Canadian end and retained possession of the puck? That was hilarious.

i think it was Kris Russel because he said something about Caroline, AB when it happend.

8prlQWA.png

I think Pierre McGuire is a good hockey pundit, as many others. Hockey is a show these days, his excitement seems sincere.

In my opinion, sports journalists are the most biaised of all journalists. There're all come from somewhere. The fact that HNIC is pro-Leafs is not bad in itself, the problem is when they try to justify it.

Here in the beautiful State of Quebec, sport medias always complaint about the control of the Toronto media mafia, but they're not better because they always talk of the HABS...

Go Nordiques Go! :flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

The thing about Pierre McGuire is that he gets overexcited about the most simplest plays. And he calls any good player "a monster performer!" And he does this almost every five minutes. It's actually quite amusing.

You gotta here him at the NHL Entry Draft. Pretty much a giant suck-up to every team and an instant expert on every player.

I think he'd be Notorious AP's idol.

It's so true, it's like when theres a goal he'll go on praising the backup goalie, saying if it werent for him opening the door to the bench the goal wouldn't have happened.

1zqy8ok.gif

...and the "Double Dion" call ranks among some of the greatest calls in the history of sports. The fact that McGuire gets so excited during the game is priceless and makes the game worth watching.

Can't be more true. I can't stand watching a game with french commentators when it is shown in english. Although McGuire can be really excited sometimes, it really is color commentary.

I did find his call on Russell really funny! ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The thing about Pierre McGuire is that he gets overexcited about the most simplest plays.  And he calls any good player "a monster performer!"  And he does this almost every five minutes.  It's actually quite amusing.

You gotta here him at the NHL Entry Draft.  Pretty much a giant suck-up to every team and an instant expert on every player.

I think he'd be Notorious ap's idol.

It's so true, it's like when theres a goal he'll go on praising the backup goalie, saying if it werent for him opening the door to the bench the goal wouldn't have happened.

I think I remember him saying that once, though I don't think he was being really serious about it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

yah he's brutal when it comes to that but I don't think he's biased, check out Bobby Cole for that one!

untitled-6.jpg

Archived