My Take On The St.Louis Rams

robbman21

Today's previous Rams concept gave me some ideas so I decided to open up illustrator and produce a rare concept....my first since August.After finishing this and taking a step back and looking it over I decided this would be probably be better served as an alternate similar to what the Redskins wore 3 years back,instead of actually being a full-time uni.

As was pointed out,the Rams were orginally intended to be yellow-gold,and so the horns on the helmet go back to that with today's current dark blue scheme.Next I tied in the jerseys circa 1971 with the shoulder insert,and the number font is from the Norm Van Brocklin era.The striped-socks are a tribute to the Super Bowl XXIV team,and I added black shoes and a gray facemask to top-off the retro update.C&C always welcomed and appreciated and as always....Enjoy!

Rams Update

RamsConcept.gif

98Falcons.png

Actually, you're both right. Not only that, but there's too much white on the uniforms in contrast to the helmet which is Blue and Yellow.

Good effort, Rob, but I'm just not feeling it.

philly.png

My first thought was Vikings as well. It's got a lot of promise, but for now, it's looking like a couple of other teams. Maybe royal blue would get you away from the Chargers/Vikings comparisons. Or something to spice up the shoulder insert, seeing as how the teams mentioned have more unique accents in their inserts (lightning bolt/UCLA stripes)?

Like I said, it's got promise, but you're not there yet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well I now give you all my 3rd attempt at a retro Rams update.This time I went to the darker royal blue on the jersey and socks,changed the shoulder inserts once again,flip-flopped the socks striping colors,and made it closer the the Super Bowl Rams look while still going for that Colts/Giants retro feel.I tried it with both black and white shoes just to see how either would look,but let it be known it was not intended to wear white with the roads and black with the homes.As always...enjoy!

Rams3.gif

98Falcons.png

For me, you'd struggle to beat this look from the late 80's when they were in LA.

I'm with the man from Oz. I still love this look - although a little standardization of the blue so the helmets match the jerseys and match the numbers would go a long way.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

LARams87.gif

For me, you'd struggle to beat this look from the late 80's when they were in LA.

As a Ram's fan, I do love the 80's Rams unis. But I never understood the obsession on this board with the horn sleeves. A Ram doesn't have horns on it's shoulders. I'd kill for the old colors back, but I think they can find a better sleeve stripe, IMO.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Well I now give you all my 3rd attempt at a retro Rams update.This time I went to the darker royal blue on the jersey and socks,changed the shoulder inserts once again,flip-flopped the socks striping colors,and made it closer the the Super Bowl Rams look while still going for that Colts/Giants retro feel.I tried it with both black and white shoes just to see how either would look,but let it be known it was not intended to wear white with the roads and black with the homes.As always...enjoy!

Rams3.gif

frickin Sweet, Robbman!!

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

i'm diggin' the last update with the yellow...

i do, however, like their current color combo as well. they are both equally good imo

Thanks :) I actually prefer the roads on my latest ones to the home blues,and actually I liked the pre-2000 Rams road uni'd best then as well.I dunno why but just thought they looked cool with the blue sleeves and was before it's time in many ways.

98Falcons.png

Archived