BCS on Fox

Cujo

I dunno where I was when this was announced, but I saw before the Panthers/Giants game today that FOX now has the BCS starting in 2007?!

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd rather have seen the BCS remain on ABC. I think they have the best assortment of college announcers today, especially compared to Fox.

6uXNWAo.png

I dunno where I was when this was announced, but I saw before the Panthers/Giants game today that FOX now has the BCS starting in 2007?!

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd rather have seen the BCS remain on ABC. I think they have the best assortment of college announcers today, especially compared to Fox.

Well, the Rose Bowl will still be on ABC.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd rather have seen the BCS remain on ABC.  I think they have the best assortment of college announcers today, especially compared to Fox.

Is the Rose Bowl still BCS?

I've known the BCS would be going to Fox all year, so it's not something that just recently happened.

They also showed a new logo for the BCS during the Giants/Panthers game.

is there a pic of this???

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd rather have seen the BCS remain on ABC.  I think they have the best assortment of college announcers today, especially compared to Fox.

Yes, but they can have the own tv contract.

Yes, but they can have the own tv contract.

I can only assume that the Rose Bowl will stay on ABC after coming across this article:

FOX Sports and the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) announced today that they have reached an exclusive four-year agreement covering all media distribution and sponsorship rights for the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl and Nokia Sugar Bowl from 2007 through 2010, and a new, stand-alone, BCS National Championship Game from 2007 through 2009. Financial terms were not disclosed.

No mention of the Rose Bowl at all.

6uXNWAo.png

according to wikipedia ABC is retaining the Rose Bowl

There will be major changes in store for the 2006-07 BCS. First, television rights (with the exception of the Rose Bowl Game) will shift to FOX, while ABC will continue telecasting "The Granddaddy Of Them All".

This should be a dud. Fox has barely passable NFL announcers, I hope they wise up and bring in some good college guys for their coverage.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

according to wikipedia ABC is retaining the Rose Bowl
There will be major changes in store for the 2006-07 BCS. First, television rights (with the exception of the Rose Bowl Game) will shift to FOX, while ABC will continue telecasting "The Granddaddy Of Them All".

The Rose Bowl's contract with ABC continues through 2013 I believe.

This should be a dud. Fox has barely passable NFL announcers, I hope they wise up and bring in some good college guys for their coverage.

Who did Fox use for the Cotton Bowl? I only watched a little of it, but I had no problems with the announcing crew.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've known the BCS would be going to Fox all year, so it's not something that just recently happened.

I'm looking, I can't find anything. I'm pretty sure I saw a new logo anyway.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm looking, I can't find anything. I'm pretty sure I saw a new logo anyway.

Yeah, I saw the new logo too.

I wanna say it somewhat resembled the Washington Nationals logo.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived