Utah Jazz concept

phayze

Tried to give them a more unique look so they'd stand out from Memphis/Denver.

I know coloring in the 3pt line went out of style a while ago, but I think this would look good with some slightly lighter wood on the outside of the line, giving it a 2 tone look.

jazz.png

Untitled-1.png

This works, as the serifs on the wordmark and numbers ties into the serifs on the primary logo script. Only flaw I see is that the wordmark on the primary logo makes the primary overwhelmingly copper, while what you're clearly going for is an emphasis on purple and cyan.

(**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5)

VmWIn6B.png

Not too original

:D

you just used the Angels' font

But it matches the font in the logo so perfectly :(

(seriously though, I've seen you use teams font's on other concepts too, doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical?)

It resembles their most recent jerseys (before last year's switch) with only some colors rotated.

That was the point... to mimic without being so modern and flashy.

Only flaw I see is that the wordmark on the primary logo makes the primary overwhelmingly copper, while what you're clearly going for is an emphasis on purple and cyan.

I see what you're saying. I suppose I could've made the letters "JAZZ" white with copper outlines.

Untitled-1.png

Better than what they have now. Good execution on the concept. I just wish they would change the name. Perhaps swap with the Hornets. It would kinda fit with the Bee's and Buzz that have been the names of the baseball teams there. Once again nice clean look.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

So what if he used the LA Angels font? It fits the spirit of the team, much more so than the Microsoft WordArt crap that they currently use.

Not everyone has the tools or the ability to create custom fonts, so don't fault him for using what is available to him.

And as for colors, it pulls off them off than the actual logo that it burrows from.

Good job, man.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

very well done. it is much better than the current set that they have. although, i would like to see the jazz wordmark from the logo put on the jerseys. rather than the simple J A Z Z ... why not try the Jazz like it is in the logo. Just a thought.

SignatureCCSL.png

I like it, however the process of trying to make it distinguishable from the Grizzlies and Nuggets has made them look too much like another team - the Sacramento Kings. There's still a lot of uniqueness there, but the Kings resemblance is the first thing that came to mind.

Love the use of the Angels font, works beautifully in the concept.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived