New Milwaukee Admirals one-game jerseys

Gothamite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is wrong with you people in Milwaukee?!  First the return of that old, cruddy Brewer logo, and now... this?!

^_^

(Stand up--*clap clap*--if you hate Milwaukee...)

I'm really getting sick of the perception that Milwaukee is stuck in the past. Of course, actions such as these don't really do anything to dispel that notion.

I've come to the conclusion that the only idiots who think Milwaukee is stuck in the past are the same idiots who still relate it to Crappy Days and Laverne & Shi*ty . Like anything or anyone on those shows came close to looking or sounding like Milwaukee (Richie Cunningham's UWM jacket in BADGERS colors, anyone?)

brew.png

What is wrong with you people in Milwaukee?!  First the return of that old, cruddy Brewer logo, and now... this?!

^_^

I'm really getting sick of the perception that Milwaukee is stuck in the past. Of course, actions such as these don't really do anything to dispel that notion.

I've come to the conclusion that the only idiots who think Milwaukee is stuck in the past are the same idiots who still relate it to Crappy Days and Laverne & Shi*ty . Like anything or anyone on those shows came close to looking or sounding like Milwaukee (Richie Cunningham's UWM jacket in BADGERS colors, anyone?)

Believe it or not, Richie Cunningham's red and white UWM jackets are historically accurate. From 1956 to 1965, UWM's teams were called the Cardinals. They didn't change their nickname to the Panthers until 1965.

QPR%20Sig.png

^_^

Believe it or not, Richie Cunningham's red and white UWM jackets are historically accurate. From 1956 to 1965, UWM's teams were called the Cardinals. They didn't change their nickname to the Panthers until 1965.

For real? Damn... you just schooled me on my school.

But about That 70's Show... anyone see the ep where Jackie and Donna went to Marquette and they had a HUGE Golden Eagles banner in the hall? I really wanna believe that was done on purpose to piss people off lol

brew.png

I suspect it was little more than ignorance.

The Packers helmet found in the basement was clearly a modern helmet, and I saw an episode a couple years ago in which the gang went to Lambeau Field, and Kelso was wearing this jacket:

FJGP04KW_W.jpg

Maybe it's the old logo (which was itself barely used that late in the 1970s), but it's a very modern take on it.

They just don't know any better, on most of these things.

I've been trying to talk some friends of mine involved with the Highland Park (Texas) Scots HS and Junior Scots programs into adding their tartan to their pants and jerseys. By putting the tartan over their shells, and adding it diagonally across the jersey like a sash, one could come up with a interesting kilt design. For Highland Park, I'd go with the blue-based design used in their flannel merchandise rather than the yellow-based tartan in their logo.

fby.jpg

skating-scot.gif

I'm not sure how tartan socks would look, especially after they get taped over...

Marc

This jersey is so bad, it's good. Seriously, I want one. I would wear it with green golf slacks and a jeff cap. I would then walk the streets of Philadelphia drinking Jamison right from the bottle, pausing only to sing what Irish drinking songs I could remember and to take drags of my Marlboro Light 100 with the filter ripped off.

Toodles!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone else will be in attendance tonight to check out these wonderful monstrosities......take a gander up at the M&I Bank suite and say hi.

I'll be the one in Moose gear of course.

I can't wait!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived