Jammers New Logo

charliec107

Constipated grapes - no wonder there's a 'jam' -

Oh dear lord, not another terrible logo. All the talent on this site and they come up with something my 6 year old drew. Terrible - a crime to the graphic profession.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Man, those are some constipated grapes.

By the way, wasn't there another NY-Penn League team called the Stompers that had a barefoot baseball player with purple stained feet?

StCatherinesStompers96.GIF

like the Kings rescued teh Grizzlies from Bonzi Wells, the St. Catherine's Stompers were also saved...the world now knows the Stompers by a different name...the Brooklyn Cyclones B)

speaking of Wellses, whatever happened to God Shammgod? :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Oh dear lord, not another terrible logo. All the talent on this site and they come up with something my 6 year old drew. Terrible - a crime to the graphic profession.

Worse than that, I'll bet the team paid some company tens of thousands of dollars to come up with that thing.

New logo from NY-Penn League

bCxoCNrF.jpg

It looks like a tumor trying to take a dump.

That, unfortunately, is the nicest thing I can say about it.

I guess that Jamestown Jammer logo forgot to have prunes and Metamucil for breakfast, with a helping of leftover Ex-Lax laced Chicken Mole for lunch cooked the night before by his mom. That should get his day going!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Bumpin' this since I got the official stuff for them yesterday...here's the color-corrected logo:

JamestownJammers_PL_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

And here's the horror that is their new color set:

JamestownJammers_FRC_2006_SOL.jpg

Why they would need a Navy Blue AND a Dark Purple is anybody's guess, but that's only one piece of what's wrong with this thing...

This is odd - it's the St. Catherine's Stompers meets the California Raisins meets the Veggie Tales. Man, everything was much more simple when they were just the plain old Niagara Falls Rapids. Too bad they had quite possibly the worst stadium I have ever seen, Sal Maglie Stadium. The Niagara Falls Municipal Pool is right next to him, so the whole stadium stunk like chlorine half the time.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I live in Jamestown and have attended a handful of Jammers games since I moved there. I was shocked to see the change on the local news and have yet to hear any positive feedback. While the old logo wasn't very good, this is definatly a step in the wrong direction.

Man, those are some constipated grapes.

By the way, wasn't there another NY-Penn League team called the Stompers that had a barefoot baseball player with purple stained feet?

StCatherinesStompers96.GIF

Yes, that would be the St. Catherines Stompers. They were the Toronto Blue Jays farm team.

ah yes, the stompers. I think at some point they were known as the blue jays. When I was a kid the St. Catharines Blue Jays mascot brushed me with his tail and I fell down the bleachers

I don't know...without completely redesigning this thing (which they SHOULD do), maybe it would be a little more tolerable - at least in my eyes - if the colors were changed a bit. I mean, the logo's still gonna be The Suck (paraphrasing one of Lamicus' catch-phrases), but let me know what you think.

I've lightened the shade of Dark Green, eliminated the Light Green, Dark Purple and Black, and changed the Tan and Brick Red to two shades of Beige:

JamestownJammers_PropL_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

Here's the "before" pic for comparison:

JamestownJammers_PL_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

It still bites, but in my opinion, it's maybe a LITTLE better...

If I might add another improvement... With a logo that appears to be targeting children perhaps a smile would be more appropriate. I would turn that frown upside down. I tinkered with it a bit and I think a happy grape would be better. (I don't know how to post pictures, but I bet you can all imagine...)

Archived