NFL State Teams: who would have the best roster?

ebod39

a completely hypothetical situation presented by my girlfriend today. What if the NFL was comprised

of state teams rostered only by players born and raised in that state. We know there's some restrictions and some regions may merge such as New England or that some states may have enough players for more than one team, such as Texas or Florida. Who would have the best roster and how would you break it down. Active players only.

example: Ben Rothlisberger (Findlay Oh.) would be the starting QB for Ohio

California's, Texas's, and Florida's JV squads could crush most other states' best talent. Which is scary - most of the guys who go to out-of-state colleges from Florida high schools weren't good enough to make the teams at Miami, FSU or Florida. Their 4th-rate high schoolers start at most major college programs.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow, NJ's best player is Chris Simms. Although by these guidlines their Head Coach would be Bill Parcells.

Can we exhume Vince Lombardi to help out on the sidelines?

And Simms may be the best player, but you're overlooking former Heisman winner and the pride of West Berlin, Camden County*... Ron Dayne.

*actually, one of the "co-prides" of West Berlin; it's also Kelly Ripa's hometown.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

FL, CA, TX,

also OH and PA

I bet an all star team from the rest of the nation might have trouble against those states best, especially the first three.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Hey, Kansas has a good punter (Brian Moorman) one of the best long snappers (Kendall Gammon) and a decent punt returner (Terence Newman)!!! Special Teams are one third of the game.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Sheesh, we'd be screwed here in CT....

The only ones we can count are Dwight Freeney (Bloomfield) and Dan Orlovsky (Shelton)....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

2005 rosters are also available now:

2005 NFL State Roster

Louisiana does pretty well; 6th overall. When you think about the amount of players relative to state population we do really well. One would expect California, Texas and Florida to do well due to their population; Ohio also, but where is New York? Quite a bit down the list. Probably a function of the population density and demographics in NYC, which provides the lion's share of New York State population(metro NYC not being know as a high school football hotbed. Basketball-- heck yeah, but not football).....

It is what it is.

Archived