LSU wore throwbacks tonight

ahub

Can you post the picture of Tyrus Thomas wearing the striped socks? I can only get the flash version of the photo gallery to come up and can't save the picture (and I don't know how to "print screen" on a mac).

eyecopy1tn.jpg

Nice!!!

FWIW, it looks like Georgia went all the way back to 1995 for their throwbacks.

Who paid for these uniforms? The SEC? If they are wearing them at the SECT, each school must have 2 sets (I know LSU has white and gold).

eyecopy1tn.jpg

Nice!!!

FWIW, it looks like Georgia went all the way back to 1995 for their throwbacks.

Who paid for these uniforms? The SEC? If they are wearing them at the SECT, each school must have 2 sets (I know LSU has white and gold).

All 12 SEC teams have uniform contracts, so their providers supplied them at no cost. Most teams have at least 2 complete sets of each color anyway, so I'd imagine many of them went with one set of current and one set of throwbacks instead of two sets of current.

Here at Tennessee, adidas was happy to supply an extra set so they could sell replicas. They'll more than make their money back.

Jungle Jim, you should be thanking Nike for not outfitting the Big Baby in a pair of nut huggers with floppy socks.

BRice, UT has to have a white and an orange retro since all teams will be required to go retro at the SECT. This season LSU has white, gold and purple current and gold and white retro.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

Jungle Jim, you should be thanking Nike for not outfitting the Big Baby in a pair of nut huggers with floppy socks.

BRice, UT has to have a white and an orange retro since all teams will be required to go retro at the SECT. This season LSU has white, gold and purple current and gold and white retro.

Yeah, that's what I said. Instead of getting two sets of 2005 orange and two sets of 2005 whites, the team this year got one set of 2005 white, one set of 2005 orange, one set of throwback white, and one set of throwback orange. They still have four uniforms, just like they are supplied with every year.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want to see the short shorts again, ever, but just pointing out that they're not authentic.

And the jersey from that era didn't have a solid purple neckline and shoulder line and the neckline wasn't 'V' style. Nor do we need the SEC Throwback logo on the jersey. These were poorly done. Bastardized.

But props to Tyrus Thomas for wearing retro socks. He's been talking with Pete Maravich's son, Josh, about trying to locate some of the Pistol's old floppy socks for game use.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived