logo Ripoff (Binghamton Bearcats)

Bearcats

I don't see any problem with high schools using college or professional logos. When the person who recolors or edits the logo, in this case 'Chuck', takes credit for the creation of the logo- that isn't right. If it stated "Original logo from Binghamton University edited and recolored by Chuck" then I also think that is cool.

I just think it would take a long time and just be plain ridic to find every high school guilty of this...its everywhere and accepted.

I graduated from Bing last year and it sucks that someone stole the best damn logo out there....GOOOO Bearcats...American East Champs this year 100%....beat Vermont's ASS!!!!

Ha ha...A fine representation of the wonderful quality of Binghamton University education.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I graduated from Bing last year and it sucks that someone stole the best damn logo out there....GOOOO Bearcats...American East Champs this year 100%....beat Vermont's ASS!!!!

Ha ha...A fine representation of the wonderful quality of Binghamton University education.

:shocked::blush:

buffalo_sig.png

if the original poster cares...I took the time to email "Chuck"...i told him of the predicament he is in....and the lawsuit that could follow :) (i loved that part actually) because it pisses me off when people do this especially if he got paid for it...anyway here is the reply I recieved!!

"Thank you for your concern. Chuck and I worked on the logo and found it on

a search engine. However, we were unable to find a copyright on the logo.

With your concern, the site has now been changed to read:

Cool Bearcat logo's adapted from Binghamton University Athletics and SME

Designs.

Once again, thank you for your concern. I do believe in giving credit where

credit is due, I just didn't know who to give it to until now. Thanks

again."

:D so I hope I helped!!

CIDesignSig.png

Figures this remark would come from a Buffalo Bills fan... :P

if the original poster cares...I took the time to email "Chuck"...i told him of the predicament he is in....and the lawsuit that could follow :) (i loved that part actually) because it pisses me off when people do this especially if he got paid for it...anyway here is the reply I recieved!!

"Thank you for your concern. Chuck and I worked on the logo and found it on

a search engine. However, we were unable to find a copyright on the logo.

With your concern, the site has now been changed to read:

Designs.

again."

:D so I hope I helped!!

Thanks Underdog. That was mighty fine of you.

I'm glad Chuck and his friend designs changed their wording.

Thanks again.

buffalo_sig.png

Designs.

again."

Adapted? Give me a break. It's an outright steal, with very minimal changes. He didn't know where to give credit? Lame. He knew he strole from BU, he should have said so immediately. Or, better yet, made up his own damn logo. I just hope he wasn't paid for his work. Thievery like that is extremely annoying, and his explanation -- to me, at least -- isn't good enough.

Oh, and blah blah blah Binghamton sucks. :D

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've always thought that bearcat, cougar, mountain lion, catamount, jaguar, panther, and puma were all just different names for the same animal, with puma being the preferred term.

Panthers and jaguars are two names for the same animal, albeit the the former with different pigmentation than the latter. The Florida panther is different, and also nearly extinct.

Catamounts, mountain lions, pumas, and cougars are four names for the same animal. I think the preferrered term depends on where you live. I like "mountain lion," and I'm from upstate NY.

Bearcat -- for American purposes -- is made up.

There actually is no animal called a 'panther.' The term 'panther' is a common name incorrectly associated with any large black cat. These cats are actually melanistic leopards or jaguars. A mutation causes these animals to have black fur instead of the normal gold fur. The jaguar is larger than the leopard, and is in fact the largest of the big cats. The leopard and jaguar have similar spotted markings.

A Puma is also commonly known as a mountain lion, cougar, catamount, and strangely, some even call this cat a panther as well. Jaguar is not a common name for these cats. These cats are smaller and do not have spotted markings.

A bearcat, or binturong, is not a cat at all, and is therefore not related to any of these animals.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've always thought that bearcat, cougar, mountain lion, catamount, jaguar, panther, and puma were all just different names for the same animal, with puma being the preferred term.

Panthers and jaguars are two names for the same animal, albeit the the former with different pigmentation than the latter. The Florida panther is different, and also nearly extinct.

Catamounts, mountain lions, pumas, and cougars are four names for the same animal. I think the preferrered term depends on where you live. I like "mountain lion," and I'm from upstate NY.

Bearcat -- for American purposes -- is made up.

There actually is no animal called a 'panther.' The term 'panther' is a common name incorrectly associated with any large black cat. These cats are actually melanistic leopards or jaguars. A mutation causes these animals to have black fur instead of the normal gold fur. The jaguar is larger than the leopard, and is in fact the largest of the big cats. The leopard and jaguar have similar spotted markings.

A Puma is also commonly known as a mountain lion, cougar, catamount, and strangely, some even call this cat a panther as well. Jaguar is not a common name for these cats. These cats are smaller and do not have spotted markings.

A bearcat, or binturong, is not a cat at all, and is therefore not related to any of these animals.

I thought the tiger was the largest of the big cats :blink:

My fault. I meant to say largest of the big cats found in North or South America, but I forgot that last part. Yes, tigers are larger, but are found mostly in Asia. Ligers are even larger than tigers. A liger is a hybrid resulting from the breeding of a male lion with a female tiger.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ligers are even larger than tigers. A liger is a hybrid resulting from the breeding of a male lion with a female tiger.

I thought for sure you made that up, but here you are:

Bertramliger.jpg

Words fail me.

Don't forget Tigons (male tiger with female lion)... Although they are smaller than lions and tigers.

tigon.jpg

Cross-breeding is cool! :D

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived