DiPietro needs to make up his mind

Neon_Matrix

First:

ERA10211090140.jpg

Second:

NYFF10612220338.jpg

Now:

81cda9e7-7536-4400-b8e3-dc36498d1a7.jpg

I don't know if he thinks by changing his pads he may stop a puck or two, but this is just madness! No goalie should ever change this much...IN ONE SEASON! I don't remember any other goalie ever changing equipment this often, maybe he has a reason for it (like trying to find the right comfort level because each pad is a different style) or he is just nurotic. I'm tempted to see the pads he'll be wearing when hes pulled in the first period of his first and last olympic game. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was fine with DiPi's first pads of the season, the retro browns. I'm guessing that they may not have been standing up too well on the ice, as you can see in the picture they look sort of like felt. He probably thought he needed a stronger material on the front, and switched to the oranges.

Anybody who watched a game where he wore those pads could tell you how ridiculous they looked, which leads to the latest change. If these are for the Olympics, he should have gotten them done in red white and blue, but I could see that being a problem with the Rangers always on the back of Isles fans' minds.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I was fine with DiPi's first pads of the season, the retro browns. I'm guessing that they may not have been standing up too well on the ice, as you can see in the picture they look sort of like felt. He probably thought he needed a stronger material on the front, and switched to the oranges.

Anybody who watched a game where he wore those pads could tell you how ridiculous they looked, which leads to the latest change. If these are for the Olympics, he should have gotten them done in red white and blue, but I could see that being a problem with the Rangers always on the back of Isles fans' minds.

Leather is leather, its the same as the coloured portions, just not coloured, so I dont think the material was an issue (look at the pads from the 80s and before). I can see these possibly being for the olympics (considering he wears his season pads in international competition) but if other players have international specific pads (Luongo, Brodeur - believe it or not!) then why dont they use the conclusion of this portion of the NHL season to test them out too?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm glad you brought this topic up, I was going to do it the other day.

He should stick with the orange'ns. I love how disgustingly bright they are. Then again, I think Fleury has the best pads in the NHL.

I just wonder what Fleury would have done had he been drafted by say Washington, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, or another team with NO YELLOW in their colour scheme.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'm glad you brought this topic up, I was going to do it the other day.

He should stick with the orange'ns. I love how disgustingly bright they are. Then again, I think Fleury has the best pads in the NHL.

I just wonder what Fleury would have done had he been drafted by say Washington, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, or another team with NO YELLOW in their colour scheme.

If he was a Wing, he'd have to have outlandishly bright red pads. All blue pads would look awesome if he went to Toronto. Hopefully he never gets traded to Nashville....mustard yellow pads?!? Gross.

Archived