Boston Celtics Concept

Audiodrama

I'd like to see the green stripes in the home and alt shorts with a white shamrock to make it stand out more.

Otherwise this isn't an overstated modernisation that fans would instantly reject. It remains simple, maybe a touch too much black but its done nicely.

Maybe not an upgrade for a team with the Celtics' history but if they wanted a change they could do far far worse than something nice like this.

liverpool-1.png

I agree with everyone so far. This is a great 49ers-esque update. Modern without going crazy. The black looks great, you didn't use too much at all. The black shamrock on the white set looks a little odd, but I like pretty much everything else.

I'd consider changing the template, though. Maybe something more like the Lakers / Pistons / Heat jersey cut would work better for this concept, since that template is pretty much designed to have a colored neck trim w/o sleeve trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

LOVE: putting "BOSTON" on the road jerseys; the addition of gold; the addition of some black; the shamrocks on the pants; updating the leprechaun just a little bit and leaving the rest there instead of going with something using today's styles (would've been too XXXXTREME!!11!!1! for the Celts).

DON'T LOVE: black done to excess (black alt, thick black side panels, black framing the key on the court); double outlining everything (I like the consistency, but on the black jersey, white and gold outlining green comes off as overstylized).

OVERALL: Like it. Lkke it a lot. Don't love it. But I could learn to.

Well done; it's an ambitious project taking on a team as storied as the Celtics, and you did it well for the most part.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That green set is B-E-A-utiful. I'm also loving the shamrocks on the front of the shorts. Gold also is a nice touch. My one beef is that there's a black alt, but even that doesn't look bad. This is a great concept.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

as an avid boston fan, i love these.

the team seem to be one who needs the black and gold somewhere in their scheme besides the logo. you've incorporated both excellently; noticable changes without going overboard. the logo update was also nice, excluding the unnecessary colors like the basketball, and the updated text is simple, yet very nice. you've made everything fit together!

TDZiMMB.png

I like the addition of gold and black, and I love how you put Boston on the roads. I think your dispersion of color is inconsistent, however. On the home version, black is limited to a minor trim color, with the exception of the shamrock on the shorts. But on the road version, it's almost taken over as the secondary color. I think you should decide which color is the secondary, gold or black, and then relegate the other to a minor trim role.

I also think that a single outline would work on the name and numbers rather than a double outline, but that's just me being nitpicky :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

IMO you cant really improve the celtics jerseys, let alone try to, too much history. taking into account this is just a concept on a message board, and not the real new jerseys... I also think you overused black. I always thought there was something with the white, green, and gold that looked great. black should be a minor color if it is used at all. Alt needs to be gold, not black. I've said this before, the celtics are the only team that could pull off a gold jersey, why not do it? nice concept, as long as it stays on the internet.

I'd change the shamrocks on the home white and black alternate uniforms from black w/ white outline to white w/ gold outline. Other than that everything is pretty spot on. I would also like the Celtics to go back to wearing black sneakers full-time instead only away games.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I would also like the Celtics to go back to wearing black sneakers full-time instead only away games.

yes! who wouldnt? i almost cried when i saw white shoes on the garden floor for the first time.

I would also like the Celtics to go back to wearing black sneakers full-time instead only away games.

yes! who wouldnt? i almost cried when i saw white shoes on the garden floor for the first time.

Seriously? I thought the switch to white sneakers at home was a great choice...

Seriously? I thought the switch to white sneakers at home was a great choice...

They should really be wearing Green Sneakers, they did during the Bird years when they were making their annual trip to the finals to play the lakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived