World Baseball Classic games

BCBoy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canada's about to blow it big time against South Africa.

Big thanks to Paul Quantrill and Chris Reitsma for two absolutely terrible innings.

I hope Reitsma gets it out of his system now, and saves his good pitching for the regular season and postseason.....

You know I'm not getting the same feeling for this as I do the World Cup of Hockey. I'm watching because it's the only thing on but I get a very it's just a spring training game feel for it. I think it was a mistake to have soem of the games take place in a single A (spring training) size park.

When it was first announced I was excited about it but this thing has been severly mismanaged.

You know I'm not getting the same feeling for this as I do the World Cup of Hockey. I'm watching because it's the only thing on but I get a very it's just a spring training game feel for it. I think it was a mistake to have soem of the games take place in a single A (spring training) size park.

When it was first announced I was excited about it but this thing has been severly mismanaged.

Well what do you expect Bud Selig could not arrange a 1-car funeral

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ah well, the fans of the rest of the countries competiting seem to enjoy it so... yeah...

I'm lovin this tournament, meaningful baseball in March... it's great.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well it's 8-6 now, Veritek Grand Slam.

Even if the US loses they still are in good shape. They got South Africa friday, they win that they advance. It's Mexico in trouble if Canada hangs on.

Yeah but you don't care, or did you forget? :P

---

Chris Creamer

Even if the US loses they still are in good shape. They got South Africa friday, they win that they advance. It's Mexico in trouble if Canada hangs on.

Its not necessarily true that we would advance even if we beat South Africa. If Mexico beats Canada and South Africa, then the three of us are 2-1. The first tiebreaker, head-to-head, would be tied 1-1 for each. Then the second tiebreaker is Runs Allowed/9 innings between the tied teams, which is still up in the air. If Canada scores alot on us, and Mexico scores a little on Canada, then we're out.

I never said I didn't care. I said I'm getting a spring training feel for it. I'm not real excited like I was for the World Cup of Hockey where I watched all the games (that were on tv) and was excitied about. I'm not going out of my way to watch the games but I am wathcing some of it. It is better than regular spring training games but I feel it could be better.

Again it's a good idea but poorly executed.

I never said I didn't care. I said I'm getting a spring training feel for it. I'm not real excited like I was for the World Cup of Hockey where I watched all the games (that were on tv) and was excitied about. I'm not going out of my way to watch the games but I am wathcing some of it. It is better than regular spring training games but I feel it could be better.

Again it's a good idea but poorly executed.

How is it poorly executed? Because you aren't "into it"?

I wouldn't expect the U.S. fans to be into a tournament like this for baseball... at first... a couple of WBC championships to latin america and japan and you'll suddenly be looking forward to it so you guys can win it and prove you are indeed the best baseball country in the world.

You liked the world cup of hockey more probably because canada was favoured to win it and not the u.s.... just a theory.

---

Chris Creamer

I'm definetely into this. That DR vs. Venezula game was one of the best games I've ever watched, be it spring training, regular season, all star game or World Series. The Latin fans are absolute nutbars.

8-6, top of the 9th. LETS GO CANADA! This win would make the game against Mexico MUCH less stressful.

Archived