World Baseball Classic games

BCBoy

I saw the game on TV, and to say that Canadians can't play baseball is sorely wrong. I just wished they would of used Eric Gagne at the end there. There's a reason why it's 'Game Over' when Gagne hits the mound.

Gagne isn't on the Canadian roster. He skipped the WBC in order to rest up for the season since he was hurt last season.

This loss isn't that embarrassing. Canada does have some Major Leaguers. Now losing to South Africa would be an embarrassment. There are certainly worse teams in the tournament than Canada.

People up here made Team Canada out to be choke artists when our men's hockey team didn't medal.

This is getting to that point for the USA. At least there were several other teams in the Olys with all-NHL rosters. This is similar to Canada's loss to Switzerland in Olympic hockey.

USA baseball has at least 4 future HOFers in the lineup.

Compare that to Canada, who has Stubby Clapp starting. (Anyone else remember Winnipeg '99?) Need I add that the man plays for the Edmonton Cracker Cats?

The US won the first World Cup of Hockey back in '96. It would be poetic justice if Canada won the first World Championship of America's pastime. Not likely, but a funny thought.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah skunt, the Netherlands is keeping up with Puerto Rico as they just tied it up 3-3

That crowd at Hiram Bithorn cheering on Puerto Rico looks like it would be a blast to be a part of.

Now thier team needs to get thier act together.

EDIT: and Pudge and Beltran go yard back to back. 7-3 PR

Come on, Boricuas! flagpuertorico.gif

You honestly think we would go through Windsor if we attacked Canada. Going through Windsor would delay the troop movement.

Before you do that you at least have to find Windsor.

Our glorious army of occupation headed south of Detroit to occupy the puny Canadian town of Windsor before continuing its swift advance to the northeast through London and Guleph to Toronto. :P

Someone's put a lot of thought into this ^_^:flagcanada:

In honor of that glorious win, I have created a new sig. Jeter's expression is priceless. Doesn't A-Rod wish he chose to play for the Dominican now? :P

I love how the Star is calling it the "Miracle on Grass" and could mean 2 things, considering a big chunk of the team is from B.C.

BTW Braden, your sig quote ROCKS! I keep telling people Stubby Clapp sounds like some kind of STD, but hell is he good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You honestly think we would go through Windsor if we attacked Canada. Going through Windsor would delay the troop movement.

Before you do that you at least have to find Windsor.

Our glorious army of occupation headed south of Detroit to occupy the puny Canadian town of Windsor before continuing its swift advance to the northeast through London and Guleph to Toronto. :P

Someone's put a lot of thought into this ^_^:flagcanada:

Unfortunately, the plan doesn't go far enough, you need to go as fas as Oshawa for the attack to be effective....

I saw, I came, I left.

Unfortunately, the plan doesn't go far enough, you need to go as fas as Oshawa for the attack to be effective....

Oshawa was a Day 2 objective (along with Halifax, Cape Breton Island, Newfoundland, Vancouver Island, Regina and Saskatoon). :P

In fact, Asian reporter Trisha Takinawa, embedded with the 5th armored division, is reporting that Oshawa has just surrendered to the glorious advancing forces of the newly renamed United States of North America. ^_^

Again, this is all enitrely in jest.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love how the Star is calling it the "Miracle on Grass" and could mean 2 things, considering a big chunk of the team is from B.C.

I did it before they did...

:flagcanada:

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Top 1st inning 3-0 Mexico. USA wins friday they move on.

8-0 Mexico going into the 5th....

This is not good. I hate to see all that Canada has accomplished this tournament go all for naught.

Unfortunately, it looks like it will. :cursing:

Archived