Best sports related theme song

OMMF

You all suck. The "Hockey Night in Canada" theme is the single greatest tune ever.

Agreed.

It's also my cell ring tone.

I also have a soft spot for Stompin' Tom's "Hockey Song"

Corny though it is.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

by the way, isn't the Olympics theme composed by John Williams? 

Yes, the current one used is the one he composed for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics

But not the TV Olympics theme, the one that starts out with the timpanis going "BOOM, boom, bah-BOOM, boom. BOOM, boom, bah-BOOM, boom." You know, the one where you can almost picture Jim McKay.

Yes, the current one used is the one he composed for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics

But not the TV Olympics theme, the one that starts out with the timpanis going "BOOM, boom, bah-BOOM, boom. BOOM, boom, bah-BOOM, boom." You know, the one where you can almost picture Jim McKay.

Right, the one that John Williams composed is the one with all the trumpett fanfare.

metslogo_215.gif

Right, the one that John Williams composed is the one with all the trumpett fanfare.

RickV is correct - Williams did compose the song that starts with timpani and trumpets. He also composed one for Lillehammer that has become pretty famous. The guy is amazing, really.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"You'll Never Walk Alone." I've seen videos online of Liverpool fans (or, in a particularly powerful rendition, Celtic's fans to the players before the Celtic-Barca Champs League game after the Madrid bombings a few years ago) singing that...nothing like 40,000+ voices in unison singing what's already a pretty powerful song *thumbs up*

NBA on NBC theme gets me too. brings back a few memories of the Rip City Blazers too B)

harperdc.gif

RickV is correct - Williams did compose the song that starts with timpani and trumpets. He also composed one for Lillehammer that has become pretty famous. The guy is amazing, really.

That Olympic music composed by John Williams is absolutely stunning. I'd rate it better than the old TV Olympics music.

And didn't John Williams also write an alternate fight song for UCLA? The one they play after they score a touchdown?

Archived